No announcement yet.

Did Khan Ruin Judah Career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Khan Ruin Judah Career?

First of all I know Judah has lost every single one of his high profile fights, Tszyu, Mayweather, Cotto, Khan to name a few and there are a few others aswell that he lost.

I just finished watching Judah v Paris, It was a small insignificant venue with what was some kind of Eastern European television coverage, It was not HBO or Showtime thats for sure! Judah looked good in that fight, But I feel that Khan may have just put the final nail into the coffin that is Judah's career. Gone are the days of Tyson walking Zab to the ring, Michael Buffer doing the ring announcements, The high of his biggest win against Spinks.

Judah was guaranteed a fight against Pacquaio if he beat Khan, But instead Khan beat Judah very badly so there is no question of a Pacquaio fight on the horizon. I almost feel bad for Zab he was exciting, fast, quick tempered and you never used to know what you were going to get with him, His problem was and will remain is that he is mentally very, very weak.

Its sad watching Judah walking into the ring with Tyson and a bunch of world titles, To walking into the ring against Khan with a single world title and gospel music and getting utterly destroyed to fighting in a dirty obscure brooklyn venue.
    Yes
    6.90%
    No
    93.10%

pretty sure it was the opener for boxing on nbc sports

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
      pretty sure it was the opener for boxing on nbc sports
      Well the main broadcasters I know of in the US are, HBO, Showtime and ESPN.

I dont think it was anyone of those!

Comment

It was on NBCsports.

And, Judah career was done before he fought Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
          It was on NBCsports.

And, Judah career was done before he fought Khan.
          The thing is, Judah keep coming back after one defeat to the next, He keeps reinventing himself "international assasian", "super", "bad boy from brooklyn", "born again christian" "the Hebrew hammer" etc.

Comment

It definitely wasnt Khan himself. You could just say that Khan was the last big fight that he was going to get at the time and he lost so he was out. However, his career isnt done, espically after the Paris win. He'll get another name soon and if he wins that then he's right back in the mix. All he has to do is keep winning and he's there but easier said than done

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              It definitely wasnt Khan himself. You could just say that Khan was the last big fight that he was going to get at the time and he lost so he was out. However, his career isnt done, espically after the Paris win. He'll get another name soon and if he wins that then he's right back in the mix. All he has to do is keep winning and he's there but easier said than done
              Yes he keeps coming back but he will never be at that elite level or even stay at the world class level for long, Even Alexander or Maidana would beat him at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Nil View Post
                The thing is, Judah keep coming back after one defeat to the next, He keeps reinventing himself "international assasian", "super", "bad boy from brooklyn", "born again christian" "the Hebrew hammer" etc.
                He is still losing against true top level comp. He isn't a true top level fighter. He can get those fights and lose. But, it means nothing. His career as a true top fighter is over, done, it doesn't exist, he is and was one of the most overrated fighters in the last 10 years.

Comment

he was in a not so big fight, i guess close to the magnitude of the paris fight right before facing khan. judah's been known as a letdown for a while now. you look at any threads that have him as the subject, and you'll run into the words "mental midget". that's just what he is. i don't think khan really did much to ruin him. if anything, he was "ruined" before that. but i still think he can win against fighters a notch below elite or world-class, but once he steps up again, he'll take another L.

Comment

I never bought into the "Judah is resurrected" stuff, just because he won a vacant title against Mabuza.

It was clear by watching him that he had declined.

Comment

Working...
                    X