No announcement yet.

Training schedule. opinions, tips?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training schedule. opinions, tips?

Well, first of all greetings from Brazil to everyone here.

I found this forum by googling it and it has been a pleasure reading it.
    I've recently started boxing practice. I have no intention of being a professional nor an amateur contender. I'm way past the age range too, being 34 (almost 35), and a college professor.

Anyways, here's my program to get fit:
    2x week: boxing in a gym, with a proper instructor (by far the most fun of all my physical activities)
    2x week: bjj, mostly because it's nearby and fits my time schedule.
    4xweek: weights, with support from professionals in PE, with the objective of fitness, not pure muscle gain.
    mix in all this: 2x week: running (20-40m).
    All in all I do like 2h30m of exercice 4x week + 40m 1 or 2 times (5 or 6 days total).

What do you guys with more experience think?

I've been boxing for a month and a half, weights for way longer (but without really being serious) and bjj for 2 weeks.

RESULTS:
    - my cardio has improved dramaticaly. I am really in a better shape. As for technique, it's just too soon.

OBJECTIVES:
    - more strengh in my legs.
    - I'm a spaz... really, I have no dexterity... I find footwork to be very difficult. I can't dance, for example, if my life depends on it.

CONCLUSION
    This was more of a greeting, really. But I'd welcome any tips in getting lighter with my feet and all, or tips/opinions in my training schedule in general.

Thanks in advance,
    Alex.

Welcome to the forum.

Your program seems real good. Maybe a little too much weightlifting, but that just depends on what you are doing with the weights.

My favorite exercises for leg strength are the one leg squat and one leg deadlift. When I first tried it I couldn't walk the next day. Blows regular squats and deadlifts out of the water. Just use two dumbbells.

Footwork takes a while to learn. Probably the last thing that I developed.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by luv4boxing84 View Post
      Welcome to the forum.

Your program seems real good. Maybe a little too much weightlifting, but that just depends on what you are doing with the weights.

My favorite exercises for leg strength are the one leg squat and one leg deadlift. When I first tried it I couldn't walk the next day. Blows regular squats and deadlifts out of the water. Just use two dumbbells.

Footwork takes a while to learn. Probably the last thing that I developed.

Good luck
      Hey, thank you a lot! I'll actually try to incorporate the deadlift in my weight program.

The one legged variations are still beyond me, but this one seems ok:

(oh... it's on youtube, but I need 15 posts to quote from other websites ehehe)

Thanks a ton!

Comment

Working...
      X