Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who is the greatest welterweight to ever lace gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ike Quartey is def one of the best welterweights. But he sucked as a LM, he got beaten up by Vargas and later Wright and late Forrest. The last fight was somewhat controversial, but Forrest still won it.

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
      Ike Quartey is def one of the best welterweights. But he sucked as a LM, he got beaten up by Vargas and later Wright and late Forrest. The last fight was somewhat controversial, but Forrest still won it.
      Quarter was a GOOD WW, not one of the best. His skillset was great but you can only judge a fighter against history from his competition.

Quartey had Carr, Philips and Espana as well as a close decision loss to DLH. Not an ATG welterweight resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
        Quarter was a GOOD WW, not one of the best. His skillset was great but you can only judge a fighter against history from his competition.

Quartey had Carr, Philips and Espana as well as a close decision loss to DLH. Not an ATG welterweight resume.
        What is not great about that, losing to an ATG in a split decision or beating three excellent welterweights??

Comment

Originally posted by Benncollinsaad View Post
          What is not great about that, losing to an ATG in a split decision or beating three excellent welterweights??
          Philips wasn't an excellent WW, he was a good Jr WW. Carr was far from a excellent WW a good contender, what was his best win? Campas? Randall? neither are HOfers

Espana was a paper belt holder, he isn't going to be remembered by anyone other than boxrec for a long time. It's not an ATG great resume when the ATG WW's are DLH, Leonard, Hearns, Tito, Duran, Gavilan, Mosley, Whitaker, Armstrong, Griffith, Napoles, Lewis.

Quarteys resume and performances don't stack up.

Comment

Originally posted by johncs08 View Post
            no disrespect to my boy floyd but i say leonard or robinson..
            Why would Floyd feel disrespected when the man has done nothing at WW. Tell me a big time elite WW he beat?

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Knocks View Post
              Why would Floyd feel disrespected when the man has done nothing at WW. Tell me a big time elite WW he beat?
              dont you get it? ima big fan of floyd but i dont believe some of the things he said like hes the best ww in the world..skillwise yes hes the best but everyone has a limit.. even the great robinson got rolled by a bigger man..

Comment

Working...
              X