Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell does "old school" really mean?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old school implies you're aware of all the tricks in the book...and you're capable of taking care of yourself regardless what is thrown at you: sucker punch, tripping, elbowing, butting, rabbit punching...often times retaliating in like manner. The more modern fighters rely on the ref too much and lose it a split second here and there...for example, on breaks, or just after tapping gloves, or after the bell rings. Observe how Bhop takes advantage of these moments. That's why Bhop eats up young guys. (Maybe literally also!)

Comment

Guys who are willing to go to war and fight anybody anytime. Such as Gatti,Micky Ward,Joe Calzaghe,James Toney etc.

Comment

old school to me is doing the little things like good footwork doing little defensive things that may not be seen by normal eyes.

Comment

It means your a senior citizen and think any fighter from more than 40 years ago > any fighter currently fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
            Guys who are willing to go to war and fight anybody anytime. Such as Gatti,Micky Ward,Joe Calzaghe,James Toney etc.
            you forgot chris john

Comment

old people are slow and weak. it's an insult to say someone is old school and whoever says it deserves to be smacked in the mouth straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                you forgot chris john
                I'm a Zags fan and I legit lel'd. :clap:

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  you forgot chris john
                  No. Just no

Comment

Working...
                  X