Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's win would be better for Boxing, Mayweather or Ortiz? Official Poll!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's win would be better for Boxing, Mayweather or Ortiz? Official Poll!

Simply put, what result would be best for the sport of boxing and why? A Mayweather win, an Ortiz win or just a highly competitive and entertaining fight? Poll to follow, please discuss!
    Floyd Mayweather Jr. Winning.
    41.67%
    Victor Ortiz Winning.
    20.83%
    A Highly Competitive and Entertaining Fight.
    37.50%

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
    Simply put, what result would be best for the sport of boxing and why? A Mayweather win, an Ortiz win or just a highly competitive and entertaining fight? Poll to follow, please discuss!
    I would almost never pick against a competitive entertaining matchup for the betterment of boxing, but in this particular case.. I think Mayweather winning and keeping the hope of a mega fight with Pacquiao is the best case scenario.. I wouldn't be upset if Ortiz wins, and in the past I've cheered against Mayweather but I've got to back Mayweather Saturday. Mayweather losing would effectively be killing Christmas for boxing fans..

Comment

Victor reeks of weirdness, he's one strange dude. Just wouldn't want him in the spotlight, plus, I think he's gonna crack again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
        Victor reeks of weirdness, he's one strange dude. Just wouldn't want him in the spotlight, plus, I think he's gonna crack again.

C/S.

He just doesn't seem built for it.

Comment

I just don't think he's got the skillset to do the job unless he can catch Mayweather early. I don't honestly think he'll give up late in the fight without at least a last hurrah. I think after all the criticism and ridicule, he will go out via Hatton before he goes out like Mosley. At the very least I don't think he'll give us too much opportunity to call him a coward when all is said and done.

For his sake I hope this fight doesn't get to a point where he's bruised and bleeding and the rinside doctor + Danny Garcia are asking him if he wants to continue and he's not saying sh**. If he doesn't go out on his shield, the boxing public will NEVER forgive him. Worse case scenario, I hope Danny Garcia pulls him before he has a chance to pull himself.

Comment

Ortiz, easily. Lets be honest here, Floyd has been a part time fighter for years now. Ortiz is just getting warmed up. Floyd passing the torch to Ortiz is the best thing that could happen. Now instead of hearing Floyd-Manny, we're gonna hear, you know what, these young, talented fighters can compete with Floyd & Manny, so Pacman stop fighting old shot fighters & pick a young, strong guy & fight him. Floyd did, we're tired of seeing you bet 40 year olds & cheaters.

Comment

But to also go along with the idea that he is likely to crack.. He holds his belt a little too close and compensates a lot when he talks. To me he is building himself up a lot and it suggests a lot of insecurity as supposed to natural genuine confidence.. If this is the case and Mayweather is able to undress that by boxing his ears off, he's going to look very uneasy late in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Ortiz, easily. Lets be honest here, Floyd has been a part time fighter for years now. Ortiz is just getting warmed up. Floyd passing the torch to Ortiz is the best thing that could happen. Now instead of hearing Floyd-Manny, we're gonna hear, you know what, these young, talented fighters can compete with Floyd & Manny, so Pacman stop fighting old shot fighters & pick a young, strong guy & fight him. Floyd did, we're tired of seeing you bet 40 year olds & cheaters.
                Yes, but even if Ortiz can pull off this hail mary and beat Mayweather. He's just not a very complete fighter. Is he really the person you want to pass the torch of the boxing public's attention too? Ortiz will surely lose very quickly if he were to continue fighting on such a high level, and that would diminish any gains by his initial win.

As close as we are to the mega fight, I really think we have to try and grind it out a little bit longer in hopes of Mayweather/Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  You dont pass the torch to a guy that would probably loss his next fight

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
                    Yes, but even if Ortiz can pull off this hail mary and beat Mayweather. He's just not a very complete fighter. Is he really the person you want to pass the torch of the boxing public's attention too? Ortiz will surely lose very quickly if he were to continue fighting on such a high level, and that would diminish any gains by his initial win.

As close as we are to the mega fight, I really think we have to try and grind it out a little bit longer in hopes of Mayweather/Pacquiao.
                    He's not complete, but he's a young offensive fighter. Loose to who Drew? Let me tell you something right now a lot of people think Khan is better than Ortiz, if ortiz beats Floyd, fight fans are gonna have to slow their role. If Ortiz beats Floyd, his arrival is real. And he fights year round, period.

Comment

Working...
                    X