Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Poll) SRR the greatest of all time? According to Ali - Yes!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Poll) SRR the greatest of all time? According to Ali - Yes!

How anyone can doubt SRR's talent is beyond me

Greatest boxer of ALL TIME...? I'll say yes.

What you say? best boxer past AND present who ever lived?

Discuss.

Poll to come
    Yes, Without a doubt.
    67.92%
    No, He's not the greatest but up there
    22.64%
    SRR is way overrated.
    9.43%

(Copied over)
    This is pretty well-known information, anyone who has seen both fight should immediately see how Ali tried to incorporate Robinson's style: everything from the footwork routine in the corner before the bell to punching from the waist. Ali attempted to be an homage to Robinson, although I think ultimately they ended up being fairly stylistically distinct. Robinson was much more willing to exchange openly.

Comment

He's NOT the greatest, Ali just respects Robinson that's why he's saying Ray is the greatest.

Comment

Only contrarians begging for attention and trying to prove how "smart" they are deny this.

Comment

Originally posted by Orisha View Post
          He's NOT the greatest, Ali just respects Robinson that's why he's saying Ray is the greatest.
          Ali respects lots of All Time Greats, but he dosen't call all of them the greatest. He only says Ray Robinson is the greatest.

Comment

His top of my list.

Comment

It is as simple as that... When you look at him fighing you understand that he does everything as close as possible to perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by ~alar~ View Post
                it is as simple as that... When you look at him fighing you understand that he does everything as close as possible to perfect.
                so does floyd mayweather jr...

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
                  so does floyd mayweather jr...
                  You mean Floyd runs and takes the occasional pot shot perfectly.

Really, I've got every single Floyd fight and I can't for the life of me figure out where these post about him being "the best skilled fighter ever" come from. Cripes, he isn't even the best skilled fighter I've seen in RECENT memory (ever heard of Pernell Whitaker?). As for speed, I'd say p4p Roy Jones was faster than Floyd.

Poet

Comment

I think SRR is the best fighter ever. Mayweather isnt anywhere near.

Comment

Working...
                    X