Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has a better resume, Erik Morales or Juan Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has a better resume, Erik Morales or Juan Marquez?

Better resume, better fighter?
    Erik Morales
    83.33%
    Juan Marquez
    16.67%

Tough call.

Both have wins over great fighters Manny and MAB.

I think it's Erik for beating both when they were prime and not roiding out to win.

Comment

Morales by a hair. I consider Barrera, Pacquiao, Jones, Chavez, Zaragoza better wins than Casamayor, Pacquiao, Barrera, Salido, Diaz

Comment

Morales. JMM is a piss drinking, roid artist.

Comment

Wins over Zaragoza, Jones, McCullough, Barrera, Espadas, Ayala, Chi, J. Chavez, C. Hernandez, Pacquiao.

I'll take that slightly ahead of wins over Peden, Gainer, Salido, Barrera, Casamayor, J. Diaz, Katsidis, and Pacquiao.

I think Morales edges it having beaten prime versions of Barrera and Pacquiao, and Marquez beat past prime-still good versions. But Marquez could also have Norwood, John, and 1-2 other Pacquiao wins on his resume, including prime Pacquiao.

Idk.....it's close.

Comment

El Terrible

Comment

terrible...

Comment

I was thinking about this the other day while watching several Morales fights.

First of all, I want to say that Erik Morales makes my list of top 10 boxers ever, but I always keep it honest and will tell it like I see it.

Skillwise, Márquez is better. When it comes to resume, I think Morales has better wins including a prime Barrera and a very good, although arguably not prime yet, Pacquiao. Márquez holds wins over both Barrera and Pacquiao but circumstances are different.

After all, I think history will rate Márquez higher because of the fourth Pacquiao fight and the emphatic knockout, even if that Pacquiao, while still a great fighter, was past his prime. He also, arguably, holds a previous win against Pacquiao, either in 2008 or 2011. You can take your pick. The fact that JMM is still relevant at an advanced age, in terms of boxing, is also a plus.
                Last edited by Exciterx30; 12-02-2013, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Morales by far and it's not even close.

Morales beat prime MAB/Pac. Marquez got owned by both

Comment

I think its a toss up but will give a little edge on Morales coz of his boxing style.

Comment

Working...
                    X