Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Alvarado Passed Up for the Pacquiao PPV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GRboxing View Post
    But surely Rios does much less for his legacy. Alvarado at least has Prescott.
    who said he was fighting for his legacy?

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
      who said he was fighting for his legacy?
      He and his fans.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
        I don't see how fighting either guy would enhance Pac's legacy even further, which leaves to the only explanation, money.
        That's it. One way or another.

Comment

I read alot of Alvarado's hand was hurt, but he is slated to fight in October against a dangerous Provodnikov?

Did I miss some fall out in negotiations? Did Top Rank pull another fast one on the fans?
          Because Pac vs Rios will make more business than Pac-Alvarado! Rios & Alvarado was currently tied 1-1 with Rios earning a TKO in the 1st fight! It's a business decision by Toprank because Rios was still more popular than Alvarado!

JMM & Bradley said no for a Pac fight. Floyd still ducks. Provodnikov was in the same camp as Pac. And no more GBP-TR shows! Just enjoy an exciting fight!

Comment

Originally posted by -Body Snatcher- View Post
            they wanted a more winnable fight for Pacquiao since Alvarado can box when he decides to.

Rios has one style so it'll be a fan friendly fight. Theoretically Rios is tailor-made for Pacquiao

Pac sparring partner Provodnikov will take care of Alvarado!

Comment

I read alot of Alvarado's hand was hurt, but he is slated to fight in October against a dangerous Provodnikov?

Did I miss some fall out in negotiations? Did Top Rank pull another fast one on the fans?
              Another floydiot alt. **** all these alts can't post from their real account.

Comment

Because he got KTFO and needs someone to look good against.

Comment

Because Mike Alvardo is a slick technical magician who would expose Pacquaio.

Didn't you see the masterful boxing clinic he put on against Rios in the first.....oh wait....the second fight?

Comment

TR has given us excellent fights this year so stop whining. You dont have to hate on TR just because.

Comment

Honestly, I thought Provodnikov vs. Rios would've been an amazing fight but Pac vs. Rios makes too much sense financially for Top Rank. Plus you know what you're getting from Rios. He will come forward and fight his hardest. Mike would try to use his movement against Pacquiao. Both Alvarado and Rios don't stand much chance against Manny but at least with Rios you can sell him getting the KO.

Comment

Working...
                      X