Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Geale Tickets Not Selling as Well as Advertised

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I was in NYC, I would gladly buy a ticket for this. This fight is going to be pretty damn good I think.

Comment

• They should've kept him in the theatre until he gets a little more recognition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        I would make the 12 hour drive from Chicago to AC for Ward-GGG.
        Stay home dude, AC is a shyt hole.

Comment

• It ain't entirely surprising - Macklin drew in the NY Irish and Stevens is a Brooklyn kid. Both opponents were known to local fans, whereas Geale - despite being more accomplished than either - not so much...

In terms of sales at MSG Andy Lee would probably have been a better choice or even Mora who, despite being a West Coast guy is at least known to US audiences.

Still, f#ck that s#it, as they say. Geale is/was the best MW available and that's all that matters to me - I'm a boxing fan, and I don't really give a damn about ticket sales - the only troubling thing is that it might impact on the selection of Golovkins future opponents in a way that isn't necessarily positive.

GGG vs Lee or Jacobs would sell more tickets but ...well..
          Last edited by Citizen Koba; 07-25-2014, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Andre Ward draws more than 5,500 fans when he fights at Oracle Arena. GGG should fight him in Oakland.
            Yeah there's no way Ward even considers fighting GGG outside of Oracle Arena. I know I read somewhere over 1,000 tickets for Ward-Dawson were given away for free because the fight didn't sell what they were hoping and the ticket prices were much cheaper than MSG tickets. I could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dealer View Post
              Yeah there's no way Ward even considers fighting GGG outside of Oracle Arena. I know I read somewhere over 1,000 tickets for Ward-Dawson were given away for free because the fight didn't sell what they were hoping and the ticket prices were much cheaper than MSG tickets. I could be wrong.
              1000 comps is pretty standard for most fights. GGG-Stevens had 800 comps

Ward-Dawson was relatively successful.

GGG-Geale should pull a Canelo and open up the upper bowl for 10 bucks a pop.
              Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 07-25-2014, 12:33 AM.

Comment

• This is pretty simple GGG's home town is not NY and yes he's not Puerto Rican, the reality is Puerto Ricans are huge boxing fans but monetarily they only support Puerto Ricans, most any way. The fervent fans are the ones that will come out to see GGG live, but NY is a major ppv and tv rating area, most buys are generated by the east coast most likely due to a large and dense population, that's why NY is considered a boxing hot bed because it drives ratings, the reason why it's called the media capital of the world. If GGG fought a fart in a European county bet he hits 20000 easy but he looses the recognition of the US fans which drive PPV, which is where the big money is. Though if I were still in NY I would be in the 500 section for sure, though I think that a ridiculous price for a non PPV.

Comment

• I would love to take this fight in.

Didn't realise ticket prices at MSG would have been so reasonable. Bit late to get travel/sleeping arrangements sorted for a UK-NY trip right enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                    3 times actually
                    Golovkin's scant memories are simply that he "won going away" in a four-round bout with no knockdowns.

Geale said:... "The thing I remember about the fight [with Golovkin] was that it went the distance and I didn't fight as well as I wanted to. I was disappointed in my performance."

Comment

• So, in the beginning of July it was reported by Boxingscene (Golovkin Shows Star Muscle, MSG Fight a Hot Ticket) that only 2000 out of 9000 (or, possibly, 12000, including "luxury suits") tickets remain on sale. Now, more than 3 weeks later, the story is completely different.

P.S. LOL at "Despite proclomations..."

Comment

Working...
                      X