How great was Tupac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    Not even close...

Tupac might have been the most charismatic MC of all time, but no where near the best ever.

IMO to be the best ever you have to meet a few criteria. Lyrical skill, cadence, charisma, stage presence, and impact on the genre.

Lyrically Tupca left a lot to be desired, he did have an amazing impact on the genre but wasn't revolutionary in ways most of his fans think.

When I think of revolutionary, meaning they changed the game, Rakim is top on that list.

you critique rap the way you critique any other music. it's not a street gang

accomplishments / impact and quality, with a strong emphasis on quality.

listen to the album "paid in full" after listening to "radio" by ll cool J, and tell me again that rakim is the most revolutionary rapper ever.

radio came out two years before paid in full, for the edification of anybody out there who is clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Pac was great. What he may have lacked in lyrical ability as far as complex rhymes or whatever, he more than made up for with his song writing.
      I agree with this post.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        you critique rap the way you critique any other music. it's not a street gang

accomplishments / impact and quality, with a strong emphasis on quality.

listen to the album "paid in full" after listening to "radio" by ll cool J, and tell me again that rakim is the most revolutionary rapper ever.

radio came out two years before paid in full, for the edification of anybody out there who is clueless.
        You are going to educate me? Where you alive when Radio even came out...? LOL

The difference between Radio and Paid in Full is clear. Nobody before Rakim was dealing in such complicated lyrics, style, cadence and substance. LL Cool J was still in the old school style when doing Radio, Rakim in Paid in Full changed that.

There are revolutionaries in hip hop, and Rakim is one of them. Tupac isn't....sorry but Tupac was a created rapper, he was dancing with Digital Underground with no tattoo's and a hair do like Kwame and in one summer all of a sudden because Gangsta......lol gtfo

Comment

You are going to educate me? Where you alive when Radio even came out...? LOL

The difference between Radio and Paid in Full is clear. Nobody before Rakim was dealing in such complicated lyrics, style, cadence and substance. LL Cool J was still in the old school style when doing Radio, Rakim in Paid in Full changed that.

There are revolutionaries in hip hop, and Rakim is one of them. Tupac isn't....sorry but Tupac was a created rapper, he was dancing with Digital Underground with no tattoo's and a hair do like Kwame and in one summer all of a sudden because Gangsta......lol gtfo
          this post absolutely contradicts your last post.

lol at rakim having better stage presence, charisma, and lyrics than pac.

lol......

rakim is not the total package that pac is.

not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
            this post absolutely contradicts your last post.

lol at rakim having better stage presence, charisma, and lyrics than pac.

lol......

rakim is not the total package that pac is.

not even close.
            No it doesn't, I gave Pac credit as someone who has amazing charisma, my point was that isn't the only criteria to a great MC.

Over all, Rakim has it all. His lyrics are better (take in consideration the time, even though I still think it's better) he was very charismatic, had amazing stage presence, and had a bigger impact on the genre.

Comment

No it doesn't, I gave Pac credit as someone who has amazing charisma, my point was that isn't the only criteria to a great MC.

Over all, Rakim has it all. His lyrics are better (take in consideration the time, even though I still think it's better) he was very charismatic, had amazing stage presence, and had a bigger impact on the genre.
              im sorry, rakim didnt have it all.

he might have been your favorite rapper or something and you want this to be true, but it isnt.

having it all is the total package. if rakim had the total package he would have been a bigger star than pac.

he wasnt.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
                im sorry, rakim didnt have it all.

he might have been your favorite rapper or something and you want this to be true, but it isnt.

having it all is the total package. if rakim had the total package he would have been a bigger star than pac.

he wasnt.
                He is a bigger star, in terms of hip hop legacy and legend, it's not even close.

Most of the all time lists you will see from hip hop magazines, and people involved in the industry for a long time will disagree with you.

He's not my favorite MC btw, I just was alive when he was coming up and his impact is undeniable.

Comment

Starts at :29

Comment

Working...
                  X