No announcement yet.

Diego corrales and naseem hamed should be in the ibhof

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
    Gatti got in, why not Robert Guerrero? Baldomir beat Gatti, he should get in too.
    That are eligible...
    My point is very few deserve a hof spot who fought the past 20 years before them...Gatti was a current example...IMO they deserve it more than McGuigan, Rodolfo Gonzalez, Ken Buchanan, graziano, Edwin Rosario, and a few others in the past

Comment

I don't see why they would'nt. Unless the fighters they would be going up against deserve it more.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Why would Gatti be in there and not Chico or Naz?
        Just really think about it man not on an accomplishment level but a person to person level gatti's what boxings all about I can give you a bunch of cheesy things like he's a warrior which is true or he's a true throwback fighter or some bull**** but that's not what it is at least not all of it. he's a legend in his own right and a people's champion and for as bad as he is made to to be skill wise and talent wise he managed get pretty far and to captivate people and bring spotlight to frankly a ****ty sport where heart and will don't triumph anymore only pay days and ppv numbers that wasn't gatti he was a guy who didn't give a **** about any of that he just wanted to fight win or lose he always gave it his all and reminded everybody what fighters used to be like and was loved for it. He was the meaning of a true fighter, gatti the fighter might not be hall of fame worthy but gatti the man was and that's just how I feel. Like it or not gatti's special.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
          Just really think about it man not on an accomplishment level but a person to person level gatti's what boxings all about I can give you a bunch of cheesy things like he's a warrior which is true or he's a true throwback fighter or some bull**** but that's not what it is at least not all of it. he's a legend in his own right and a people's champion and for as bad as he is made to to be skill wise and talent wise he managed get pretty far and to captivate people and bring spotlight to frankly a ****ty sport where heart and will don't triumph anymore only pay days and ppv numbers that wasn't gatti he was a guy who didn't give a **** about any of that he just wanted to fight win or lose he always gave it his all and reminded everybody what fighters used to be like and was loved for it. He was the meaning of a true fighter, gatti the fighter might not be hall of fame worthy but gatti the man was and that's just how I feel. Like it or not gatti's special.

I get your point...but with what you said applies to chico...he didn't give a **** but had more talent and beat better fighters...he was like a better skilled and talented gatti...gatti came back and beat guys the likes of ruelas and Rodriquez ....Casamayor and Castillo wins for chico trump those. Chico was cut from the same clothe but simply was better and accomplished things Gatti didn't

Comment

There's better ppl than him not in and there's worse ppl than him who are in. Should hecnaje it? Probably not.

Comment

Does anyone have footage of the Corrales v. Casamayor II fight?

NVM, I found it. The commentator thought Casamayor won clearly (118-111) and got robbed. I'll watch the entire fight and draw my own conclusion.

Last edited by BafanaBafana; 02-28-2014, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Hamed deserves to be at the IHOP anytime, 24/7.

Comment

Hamed, definitely yes. Corrales, no.

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                    I see your point but Naseem Hamed did similar things for the smaller weight classes. He paved the way for guys his size to make big paydays through his entertainment value and exciting fights. Plus, unlike Gatti, he was a dominant champion and world class fighter with skills. So I don't understand how you can say Gatti gets in but not Hamed.

Comment

Gatti getting in opens the debate to alot of fighters now.

Comment

Working...
                      X