No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev-Sillakh Clash - BoxingScene Staff Predictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev-Sillakh Clash - BoxingScene Staff Predictions

By the time Adonis Stevenson and Tony Bellew step into the ring for their HBO-televised main event, a buzz will have already been created for the next major challenge that awaits the winner.

That is the expectation in Saturday’s televised co-feature, as Sergey Kovalev makes the first defense of his 175 lb. alphabet belt versus Ismayl Sillakh in Quebec, Canada.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by JakeNDaBox; 12-01-2013, 03:34 AM.

Sillakh is a talented fighter he is capable of out boxing Kovalev but I can't see him doing it for 12 rounds without getting caught with a big punch Kovalev by Ko or Tko

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
      Sillakh is a talented fighter he is capable of out boxing Kovalev but I can't see him doing it for 12 rounds without getting caught with a big punch Kovalev by Ko or Tko
      He can get caught with a big punch and even get knocked down but it's not a given just because of the Grachev fight that he's going to lose. Grachev and Kovalev fight differently, Kovalev is going to give Sillakh more room to box than Grachev did who was pressuring all fight long. Kovalev seems to box a little and I think he will try to box with Sillakh at first and get behind on the cards, then turn up the pressure and that's when Sillakh will have to box very good which I think he will do. Sillakh will win a decision. Hopefully Bellew knocks Stevenson out.

Comment

I am so tempted to pick Sillakh in this one but I don't think I can do it

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          I am so tempted to pick Sillakh in this one but I don't think I can do it
          Same here man, dude is obviously talented but that Grachev fight was alarming and made me lose all confidence in his chin.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Same here man, dude is obviously talented but that Grachev fight was alarming and made me lose all confidence in his chin.
            Not so much his chin, but his ability to defend. He got hit pretty cleanly, then did diddly to protect himself. Gloves barely covering his head, no head movement and didn't try to hold on. Literally stood there and ate everything Grachev threw. THat'll KO most people

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              By the time Adonis Stevenson and Tony Bellew step into the ring for their HBO-televised main event, a buzz will have already been created for the next major challenge that awaits the winner.

That is the expectation in Saturday’s televised co-feature, as Nathan Cleverly makes the first defense of his 175 lb. alphabet belt versus Ismayl Sillakh in Quebec, Canada.
              [Click Here To Read More]
              I guess they don't proof read

Comment

It's not so much Sillakh's chin which looks a bit shaky, it's the mistakes he makes that expose his chin to being hit clean.

He'll stand in front too long before n after he throws with low hands, he was open most of the Grachev fight, just took the plodder til late in the fight to be able to land. Kovalev is better than that guy it still could turn out to be an intriguing fight for as long as it lasts.

Comment

If Sillakh comes in focused, i think he has a good chance to win. I think his biggest problem with the Grachev was that he got bored and just got caught. I think he'll be very focused tonight but his chin is really bad so it hard to pic against Kovalev

Also Sillakh has been fighting as a Cruiserweight since his loss and weighed in close to 200 pounds earlier this year. Thats a lot of weigh to cut

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                    I guess they don't proof read
                    LMAO, I know I read that and had to go back and look at the article date to see if it was an old one or something.

Comment

Working...
                    X