No announcement yet.

HOF/ATG Poll: Pac ahead of Floyd for ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by puga View Post
    ofcourse not ..floyd was ww picking on a lw...
    amen !

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      Try not to make so obvious you're a fanboy with an agenda.
      has like over 20 posts in this thread defending floyd with his dear life

Comment

@Wiley

Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
        Corners, you know what? There are some intangibles that are never considered, but they cut to the chase. Its undeniable that Marquez, Pac, Barrera, etc... simply make for better fights. Floyd's fights may be tactical masterpieces for the boxing student. But, in a general sense....they are usually quite boring. He's a defensive, come and get me fighter. Like Pernell. People like to see action for their bucks. This a big problem for Floyd.
        That is why the people, worldwide, love Manny Pacquiao. Manny sells his fights; as wanting to give the fans a great show. The fans believe Manny too.

When Floyd says he wants to give the fans a good show ... people know he is bullshitting, the fans know Floyd is gonna run around the ring potshoting his way to a boring UD.

Manny will face anyone .... Floyd will fight the least risk out of every option. The fans aren't stupid, as the poll reflects ...

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
          So he is being punished cause he is better than everyone else?
          Ahh, Larry... Here's the deal. If you have the guts to do it (which I doubt); why don't you bump up my Julio Cesar Chavez: Goat, thread. Prolly about 9 pages back.

That thread is your problem. You guys run around inferring, and sometimes outright stating that Floyd is ATG and GOAT and beyond. Why? Because he is undefeated. 43-0 is good (or 42-1, depending on how you look at it after Castillo), but that is not reflective of true greatness. Not even close..especially with a defensive ducker like Floyd. If he were a warrior like Holyfield the truly big numbers might not be as necessary. But that is not the case with Floyd.

This is your problem.

Comment

@FloydMayweather

No. He's "being punished" for DUCKING. Easy on the semantics.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...uez/index.html

Here's a Sports Illustrated article (random article) from 2009 to give you sense of what I'm describing, Larry. THIS is what they will say about your boy Floyd when it's all said and done.

"They" meaning the worldwide media - the boxing "experts."

"They" the ones with a voice.

Just stating facts here.

DAAAMN Floyd, sportsillustrated going in on you Floyd. Bigtime.

.... but I digress, we all have known this for years anyway.

The thing about it all, is that Floyd has the talent ... for all the criticism he receives, Floyd probably could step it up every fight from here on out and give the fans what they want ..... That would be a Manny Pacquiao 'type of stature' move though. So I guess the fans don't really matter to Floyd.

Comment

No. He's "being punished" for DUCKING. Easy on the semantics.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...uez/index.html

Here's a Sports Illustrated article (random article) from 2009 to give you sense of what I'm describing, Larry. THIS is what they will say about your boy Floyd when it's all said and done.

"They" meaning the worldwide media - the boxing "experts."

"They" the ones with a voice.

Just stating facts here.
              lol like i said...Everyone knows what Floyd is all about!

Comment

Pacquiao is definitely greater than Mayweather...... in and out of the ring.
                even If Floyd hadn't ducked every threat above 135. He still wouldn't be greater than Pacquiao

Comment

All these dudes bashing Floyd's resume don't know anything about his career prior to 2009. People are confusing Pac's entertainment factor with his actual ability. Let's be real for a second. He's primarily a one-handed fighter who's fun to watch, but his skill set doesn't touch Mayweather's in any way.

Comment

I don't think Pacquiao is greater than Floyd and I think deep down many individuals feel the same way as me but when it comes to Floyd people feel the need to make concessions before complementing him due to the overall hate directed towards him.

In terms of names on their resume they are about even. In terms of performance against opponents on their resume I give the edge to Mayweather, in terms of the opponents condition when they fought one another I again give the edge to Mayweather, in terms of opponent variety in terms of style I give the edge to Mayweather.

My two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
                      All these dudes bashing Floyd's resume don't know anything about his career prior to 2009. People are confusing Pac's entertainment factor with his actual ability. Let's be real for a second. He's primarily a one-handed fighter who's fun to watch, but his skill set doesn't touch Mayweather's in any way.
                      the ultimate measurement to one's greatness is accomplishemnts not perceieved skills ..thats the same measuremnt of skills too..

pac is like a draftsman building sky scrapers

floyd is like an architec building k marts

Comment

Working...
                      X