Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Price and Fury be ready for a Klitschko/World Title fight in 2013?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Price and Fury be ready for a Klitschko/World Title fight in 2013?

What do you think?

Fury has improved greatly, and I suspect Channel 5 will be eager to get him in with the likes of Povetkin, Pulev by mid-2013. IMO, he could be ready for Wladimir or the soon to be vacant WBC title by the fall of 2013. He has worked on his jab and footwork, and also tightened up his guard.

Price, to me, is difficult to assess. In 2012 he offered nothing; if anything he regressed, fighting the likes of Audley and Skelton. Ostensibly, he has the attributes to challenge for a world title, but IMO he's still too green. Until he steps up, I can't seem him troubling the K bros. His footwork is poor, his guard lose and his jab ineffective.

Poll added.
    Yes, they will both be ready
    0.00%
    No, they're too green/crap
    58.33%
    Fury won't, but Price will
    8.33%
    Price won't, but Fury will.
    33.33%

No, I doubt they fight them in 2013.

I'd like to see Price fight guys like Chisora, Chagaev, Perez this next year.

Fury is closer. I'd love to see him fight David Haye, but Haye is keen on trying to make Vitali fight him I guess, what a waste.

I'd like to see Fury possibly get his hands on Povetkin, if Wlad disposes of Povetkin in the first half of 2013 like he will.

Comment

I think either would have a very good chance of beating the current faded version of Vitali.

But neither will be ready for Wlad in 2013.

Comment

We're talking about guys with less than 20 fights apiece. Vittles had 24 fights and Wlad 35 before fighting for a title and brothers task wasn't as daunting. Why are people trying to rush fighters? To answer the question.....no, neither is ready.

Comment

Wlad is still better than all these guys around now, but he could get knocked out by Price.

Comment

Price the overhype job, the guy has no defense, he has a dodgy jaw and hasnt even gone the distance in a fight because he's fought 40+ year old bums

Wlad would knock him out within 1 round

Vitali would take around 3 rounds to do the job on him

Tyson Fury has more chance of going 12 rounds with them because he has a decent chin

Comment

I've heard Price has a weak chin, any truth to that???

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Its really to early to tell. DeLaHoya was knocked down a few times early in his career and his chin was questioned, but it turned out to be good. The jury is and should still be out on Price.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Dropped several times as amateur.

Sparring stories, too, suggest it isn't great.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                    What do you think?

Fury has improved greatly, and I suspect Channel 5 will be eager to get him in with the likes of Povetkin, Pulev by mid-2013. IMO, he could be ready for Wladimir or the soon to be vacant WBC title by the fall of 2013. He has worked on his jab and footwork, and also tightened up his guard.

Price, to me, is difficult to assess. In 2012 he offered nothing; if anything he regressed, fighting the likes of Audley and Skelton. Ostensibly, he has the attributes to challenge for a world title, but IMO he's still too green. Until he steps up, I can't seem him troubling the K bros. His footwork is poor, his guard lose and his jab ineffective.

Poll added.
                    Wlad will most likely fight Povetkin in early summer, then the winner of a Adamek/Pulev eliminator.
                    I would like to see Fury vs Vitali, but I think Vitali will fight David Haye next summer and then retire.
                    Neither Fury or Price will be ready for a Klitschko next year. And they should first of all fight each other first!

Comment

Working...
                    X