If you could change 1 aspect of Andy Lee's Game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could change 1 aspect of Andy Lee's Game

what would you change?
    i would teach him how to throw a jabs better.
    he waaaaaaay underutilizes reach... the lack of jabs is sad

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
    what would you change?
    i would teach him how to throw a jabs better.
    A flicker jab would really benefit him IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
      No kidding! I remember him winning rounds in the Chavez fight and I'm screaming at the tv for him to maintain distance and use the jab. He goes to the corner and Manny tells him the exact same thing. What does he do? Camps out in the corner and gets TKO'd.

Comment

I think he has a decent jab when he uses it, the thing is the cross is his game changer, so he wants to invite fighters in so he can land it. One of the best crosses in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          No kidding! I remember him winning rounds in the Chavez fight and I'm screaming at the tv for him to maintain distance and use the jab. He goes to the corner and Manny tells him the exact same thing. What does he do? Camps out in the corner and gets TKO'd.
          i guess i shouldnt look that fight up haha i might lose my voice yelling at him.
          Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          I think he has a decent jab when he uses it, the thing is the cross is his game changer, so he wants to invite fighters in so he can land it. One of the best crosses in boxing.
          possibly, never thought of that.....
          but he looks like he CANT throw a good jab. :/

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
            more skillset never hurts. but he never throws a jab with power!! imagine how game changing that would be..

Comment

i would make him mo' urban

Comment

Have someone teach him how to defend himself on the inside. Booth has done a great job of getting him to sit on his rear foot so he can control the distance better. But against real offensive minded fighters he's going to get pushed into fighting in the pocket more and more. And he's terrible at it. If someone could improve him in that regard it would transform him as a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Have someone teach him how to defend himself on the inside. Booth has done a great job of getting him to sit on his rear foot so he can control the distance better. But against real offensive minded fighters he's going to get pushed into fighting in the pocket more and more. And he's terrible at it. If someone could improve him in that regard it would transform him as a fighter.
                  Agreed. So many want to see Lee face Golovkin but I think it's a terrible fight for this ^ reason. Lee is made for Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                    Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    Agreed. So many want to see Lee face Golovkin but I think it's a terrible fight for this ^ reason. Lee is made for Golovkin.
                    you guys are probably right that he needs to improve his pocket game. (looking at chavez fight, and chavez is only decent)
                    however, GG doesnt fight in close range. he fights mid-long (with respect to his reach). although i still favor gg to cut lee off and stop him lol. BUT lee is a counter puncher, itd b fun to see gg get caught by some right hooks

Comment

Working...
                    X