No announcement yet.

We need more Private Sector rich people in Congress

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need more Private Sector rich people in Congress

We need people in the Senate and House of Representatives who have gotten wealthy in the private sector but didn't rely on any form of govt subsidy to stay in business. People who know the burden of Govt on the private sector and understand Capitalism and it's Free Market invisible hand.

Not people like Nanci Pelosi for example...who has never had a real job in her entire life and has watched her bank account grow while in Congress. Pelosi... who writes and advocates for rules and regulations that have no impact on her business. She has no understanding of how an Economy grows nor does she have a level of appreciation for the private sector, Free Market forces who are funding her luxurious stay in Congress.

We need a quasi-plutocracy of sorts... with people who have no interest in govt perks and salaries because they're already rich and self-made. Independent People who are not looking for a career in politics but who are taking a time-out from their REAL career jobs in the private sector to sort things out in Congress.

Some people may like the idea of your average, blue collar joe going into Congress because he is one of the people and can represent them. I reject this line of thinking. This may feel good but what's to stop this blue collar, non-rich guy from taking money from special interest groups, and doing things to get the fundraising he/she needs for her reelection campaign because they don't have the privately earned money to self-finance their reelection. You can't have this kind of assurance with Average Joe's as you can with a rich guy. A honest businessman who owns 33 Subway sandwich shops for example (see Rep. John Fleming here). Or a owner of a air conditioning and heating business (See Rep. Daniel Webster here).

Not someone like Rep. Maxine Waters

Who has been in Politics since she learned how to walk, with the only accomplishment prior to becoming a career politician, was getting a Sociology Degree (puke)....

Last edited by One_Tycoon; 11-06-2014, 09:07 AM.

Since nobody responded I'll take it that everyone agrees.

Good...we're making progress.

Comment

Capitalist bump...

Comment

Why would they? Politics is where the average Ivy leaguers go to make their millions.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
          Why would they? Politics is where the average Ivy leaguers go to make their millions.
          There already are some in congress...two of which I named above.

Why would they? Maybe because the rules and regulations that will effect their businesses... that these politicians who come from the law school farm system write.

We need more koch brothers and herman cain's and less black caucus progressive collectivists.
          Last edited by One_Tycoon; 11-06-2014, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Since tuesday's elections, I need to reaffirm this. We need more rich folks up in Congress for reasons described in my OP.

Comment

You're on to something. I don't see the possibility of collusion or any other type of unethical behavior taking place.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

listen to what neil de grasse tyson says about what we need in congress.

absolutely brilliant.
                Last edited by SterlingStained; 11-06-2014, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Someone once told me something similar. They said Congress if full of lawyers, and lawyers just want to win. We need to put people who are doctors and engineers in there, as those people solve problems and build things.

Of course I also advocate putting in successful businesspeople, especially those who build their businesses from scratch or who took a 'mom and pop' business and expanded it exponentially.

Comment

Bump for Trump 2016

Comment

Working...
                    X