No announcement yet.

*NEW* Yuriorkis Gamboa training #SMS

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    His dad has always been in his corner but never really seen him training him. It's always been Salas who was doing a fine job developing Gamboa. He went from a wild... ciclon to a more mature and less sloppy fighter. But from the videos Ive been watching recently, it's always his dad training him.
    Defintely, I see him being P4P top 10 in the next year to two years. Just depends on the fights he takes. Miguel Beltran Jr. off a 15 month layoff is a good start. Next goal: hang the first L on the "The Problem".

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
      Defintely, I see him being P4P top 10 in the next year to two years. Just depends on the fights he takes. Miguel Beltran Jr. off a 15 month layoff is a good start. Next goal: hang the first L on the "The Problem".
      That's a tall order tbh. I don't think he should bother with Broner. He should try and clean out the 130lb division, which is do-able. Beat Beltran Jr, then fight for the WBO title, then start unifying. He could clean out the division in about 18 months.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 11-06-2012, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        That's a tall order tbh. I don't think he should bother with Broner. He should try and clean out the 130lb division, which is do-able. Beat Beltran Jr, then fight for the WBO title, then start unifying. He could clean out the division in about 18 months.
        True, being a division champ would be a good accomplishment, but his age and his time off make me feel like he needs to start moving towards bigger fights sooner rather than later. At 130 pounds, while hardcore fans would love to watch a lot of Gamboa matchups in there, Gamboa vs Uchiyama would be my choice, they won't really sell and increase his star in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcursedawg View Post
          It would be a cool vid without fity's stupid songs
          50 cent >> tupac

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            True, being a division champ would be a good accomplishment, but his age and his time off make me feel like he needs to start moving towards bigger fights sooner rather than later. At 130 pounds, while hardcore fans would love to watch a lot of Gamboa matchups in there, Gamboa vs Uchiyama would be my choice, they won't really sell and increase his star in the US.
            The real problem is something that he has no control over, and that's his promoter. Gamboa will always get business done in the ring, but 50 has to hold up his end.

Comment

The real problem is something that he has no control over, and that's his promoter. Gamboa will always get business done in the ring, but 50 has to hold up his end.
              Yeah....I m afraid of what fifty can do to gamboa's career...

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
                Yeah....I m afraid of what fifty can do to gamboa's career...
                50/Floyd did whatever damage they were gonna do to Gamboa's career already. From here on out, it's in Arum's hands... Again, if you ask me.

Comment

Exactly, an extremely risky choice by Yuri that could make him a star and cross over, or being too inactive and become a case of what might have been.

Comment

g-g-g-gg-g-gg-g--g-g-g--g

...unit

Comment

Gamboa lookin solid! Can't wait to see him active again.

Comment

Working...
                      X