No announcement yet.

Francesco Damiani today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nomadman View Post
    He was deceptively good. Looked like a bit of a slob with plodding feet, but had excellent general composure, good timing and knew how to make his shots count. Not massive power that I can recall, and very vulnerable to getting his nose busted which would always be a problem, but I can see him causing a couple of upsets and making life hard for a number of today's heavies, especially those who lack the sharpness or the power to keep him at bay. Povetkin would hate fighting this guy (but then he hates fighting anyone nowadays...)
    Agreed.

I remember Damiani very well from the time when I followed the AM's. He had outstanding results there despite him not having the physical appearance of a top fighter as they looked then. I think he was crowned as the tournaments best technician on one occasion.

As for the Mercer fight, I feel that that fight is a great example of what a lucky punch is. Mercer was getting schooled and exposed as the poor technician he was, before landing that heartbreaking nosecruncher.

I saw Damiano recently working the corner of the Italian team. He looked good.

Comment

Working...
    X