Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd should roll the dice and fight Sergio for the lineal Middle weight title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighting Serg at MW will surely put May's name near Pacquiao. Unfortunately, I don't think he will take it. I dont even know if he'll man up to take the challenge against drained Serg at 154 unless he sees any signs of slowing down.

Comment

he would have to get serious props, win or lose, from everybody

it would make him look like he isnt afraid oof pac also

pac could do the same thing or do OST for his next fight if he wanted to have a similar effect

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
        No one should focus on their weight when they're actually in the ring?

What?

As far I'm concerned that's the only weight that matters.
        I don't see how that would be the only weight that matters.

It's unofficial for a reason....But, as far as I'm concerned the official weight is the only weight it matters. Since that's why is called official.

But, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          What would he weigh in at? Think about what you saying Larry.
          I actually see exactly what larrys saying and agree with him..

Comment

I don't see how that would be the only weight that matters.

It's unofficial for a reason....But, as far as I'm concerned the official weight is the only weight it matters. Since that's why is called official.

But, whatever.
            Its that way because its always been that way and honestly only for that reason... How big and heavy the guy your facing weighs really only matter WHEN your facing them.... At the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by Cash Cow View Post
              so why doesnt Sergio fight @168?
              cause he doesnt want to nor does he have to..floyd doesnt have to fight sergio at 160,,but i think it would be a great move

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                I actually see exactly what larrys saying and agree with him..
                If he will fight at 160, what would he weight in at? 150? that's the highest I see him weigh in at...And, Floyd being at 150 fight the best MW fighter out there and top 3 P4P fighter in the planet is not quite fair to Floyd. He would be in a severe disadvantage.

It's one thing where both fighters have to make 147 and then one re-hydrates to 150 and the other re-hydrates to 164. It's a total different thing to have a fight at 160 one weighs in close to the limit and re-hydrates to 165 while the other weighs in at 147-152 being the same weight on fight night.

The size difference in the latter is much more than it is in the former.

Comment

What would he weigh in at? Think about what you saying Larry.
                  he can come in at 150 man..keep his speed..he doesnt need to bulk up for this fight

Comment

At 154 I'd pick Floyd to win, at 160...I honestly can't touch that one, Sergio's heavy hands may become a serious problem at that weight, I see Floyd getting pushed back with Sergio's jab alone. I don't mind which weight Mayweather challenges him at, couldn't care less. Floyd going for a MW title, win or lose is great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                      How do you figure?

Take Manny as a prime example- He weighed 145ish in the ring during his featherweight days and comes in at 148ish as a welterweight. Doesn't sound like much of a difference, but when you consider he was putting on about 15-19 lbs of water weight overnight as opposed to 3 is a MASSIVE difference in how he will look and perform.

Same thing here, if Sergio weighs 150 and comes into the ring at 165-170, it's not the same as him weighing 160 and coming into the ring at 165-170. It's night and day.
                      Thats another thing I dont get about ppl accusing pac of peds. The argument goes that he put on 13 lbs of muscle in 9 months. I'm fairly sure that it was not a full 13 lbs of muscle he gained, but rather he was just dehydrating himself less. Going from 129 to 142, sure he probably put on a few lbs of muscle but the rest of the "weight gain" is most likely just less weight loss from water. After all he did look fairly drained in the 2nd marquez weigh in and looked good against odh.

Comment

Working...
                      X