Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you religious and do you believe in God?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I believe in GOD. Yes, I am religious, but I don't consider myself to be of a specific religion although I do think some are more right than others.

Comment

I believe that a God-like being exist, though I don't know how he really is.Also, I wouldn't truly consider myself religious, though close.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        Yes, I believe in GOD. Yes, I am religious, but I don't consider myself to be of a specific religion although I do think some are more right than others.
        Which ones are more right?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubba Chunday View Post
          Could be that this life is just a flash in the pan and what we think to be suffering is just part of our human experience. That there still can be a loving God, but that his love doesnt have to comply to our human standards of what it means to be loving i.e. less suffering.

Maybe the most important aspect of being human is to experience suffering. And that without suffering there would be less faith, compassion, kindness, charity etc.
          That maybe this life in a way is our experience of life separate from God and it is similar to being in the womb. We are restricted to our bodies and ignorant to the true outside world, the spiritual world.
          Good post......

Comment

Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
            Which ones are more right?
            More right might not be accurate on what I wanted to say, but for 1, I believe the true essence of Islam holds within it.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
              More right might not be accurate on what I wanted to say, but for 1, I believe the true essence of Islam holds within it.
              Fair enough.........

Comment

I hope i get a chance to meet Lady Gaga in Hell while we're both burning.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P305 View Post
                  I hope i get a chance to meet Lady Gaga in Hell while we're both burning.
                  Not something you should hope for.

Comment

Atheist to weak Deist (there maybe another term out there I could use that applies other than Deist).

However me believing that there might be a Creator-like power out there that started to shape the universe, has no bearing on my life since I don't believe it intervenes into our daily lives or that the term "God" even applies to that power, since that is a made up word by humans to try and personify a creator and make him more Human-like. It goes without saying that our oldest religions, mythologies etc,. didn't have a good sense of imagination back in the day.

You can start a much more realistic religion today that revolves around the "faith" that when you die, you get reincarnated on another Galaxy, on a brand new planet, as a brand new intelligent specie. Seems more reasonable than being reincarnated as a Goat on earth, or going into another dimension known as heaven. Seems like a waist of space and if you use your imagination, you can include the mysterious universe that's already around us that we'll never be able to reach with spaceship's in our lifetime or perhaps ever, into your belief system of LIfe after Death.

Why heaven & hell on earth, when there are millions of Galaxies out there to choose from, that we know already exist.
                    Last edited by cupocity303; 07-15-2010, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
                      Not something you should hope for.
                      I don't know, man. I don't think i deserved eternal life.

Comment

Working...
                      X