Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler: most overrated fighter on the planet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
    Except that Judah still had people rating him before the fight with Clottey.

On the one hand you talk about why people rate him highly, and then switch to talking about why he has a fanbase.

It is possible to rate someone highly without being a fan, and vice versa.

Anyway, IMO, wins over Andrade and Mundine are better than wins over Pascal and a Polish brick layer.

I don't think that too many people rate Kessler highly. Sure, some pick him to beat Taylor, but no one is arguing that he belongs on a P4P list or anything silly like that.
    you're wrong about that, friend. I wouldn't have made a thread like this if people didn't rate him up there with the best in the world.

having a fanbase is fine, I'm cool with that. But he has people calling him a great fighter.

Comment

and just to get this out of the way, I liked Kessler up until and through the Calzaghe fight. I didn't pick him to win or anything, but I pulled for him and wanted to see him succeed. But you don't support guys when they don't take real fights. I see how many people bash Mayweather for not fighting guys 20lbs bigger than him like Cotto and Margarito, yet I don't see anybody bashing Kessler for not fighting anybody good whatsoever beyond Calzaghe.

Comment

Also, keep in mind that the SMW division is weak, although Taylor moved up and I think Abraham did too.....

Comment

Agreed OVERRATED...His resume is lacking...He turned down Dawson and Miranda c'mon thats weak. HOpefully he fights wright if he beats him then i'll give him props but until he beats a legit 68lb i'll continue to think he is overrated!

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
            Give me one good win from Kessler. Just one that made you think he was in the top 30 in the world. He might be top 30, but he has never done anything to prove it or even come close.
            Shutting out Andrade without having to fight on the backfoot all night like Bute did. That was impressive. Mundine is not a bad fighter. Beating him is a notch on the belt.

Comment

i like the fact he knocks people the hell out.

Wlads latest match was a bloody bore.

Comment

Come to think of it Miranda might have been more overrated.... He beat Howard Eastman and people were saying he could KO Marvin Hagler in the 1st round.

Comment

Despite his talent, most don't seem to rate him highly anymore. Maybe they'd like to, but he's turned people off by not fightin real comp.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                    Despite his talent, most don't seem to rate him highly anymore. Maybe they'd like to, but he's turned people off by not fightin real comp.
                    Didn't Chad Dawson offer him a fight?

Comment

Kesslers resume >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bradley's resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X