No announcement yet.

Laddie, the Mighty Aston Villa are going to sign the Mighty Henrik Larsson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RED ARMY View Post
    He's got to be getting on a bit though now?.

Forget about Heskey and go for someone younger.
    He's 37 I think is our Henrik, but we're desperate and need someone sharpish as the only fit strikers we've got is the quality Gabby, a fucking **** Marlon Harewood and an untested 17 year old lad.

I don't want us to sign Heskey. I'd like us to put a big bid in for Santa Cruz but I think Man City will offer him more money and he'll go to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Yomama View Post
      Heskey? Really? There goes my tenner then! Seriously though Hoff, I think Villa can do it this year, they have shown they can compete with the big 4 and with Arsenal being so inconsistent, 4th is there for the taking. I have a soft spot for the Villa, Mrs Yomama is an Aston lass, born and bred.
      Yeah Heskey is ****. Up until not too long ago I thought we could definitely break into the top 4 this season but I think the way we struggled against Fulham without Carew shows that we still haven't got the strength in depth that those in the top 4 have so I worry what would happen if we lost one or two other key performers to injury at any stage throughout the season. I just doubt that we're gonna be able to be consistent enough throughout the whole season.

Originally posted by insipiens View Post
      Could make a contribution as he has a little left in the tank
      Aye, I think he could do a job on a short term basis.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHoff'sGhost View Post
        Yeah Heskey is ****. Up until not too long ago I thought we could definitely break into the top 4 this season but I think the way we struggled against Fulham without Carew shows that we still haven't got the strength in depth that those in the top 4 have so I worry what would happen if we lost one or two other key performers to injury at any stage throughout the season. I just doubt that we're gonna be able to be consistent enough throughout the whole season.
        Thats true, but Fulham are one of those teams that plays to avoid losing, rather than going for the win, and that makes it hard for most teams to look good against them. With a couple of clever signings, like Henrik and maybe a central midfielder (I don't really rate Petrov) they will have enough to see them home in 4th I reckon. Next year could be a great year to be stood on the Holte End if they keep improving at the rate they have under Mad Marty.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Yomama View Post
          Thats true, but Fulham are one of those teams that plays to avoid losing, rather than going for the win, and that makes it hard for most teams to look good against them. With a couple of clever signings, like Henrik and maybe a central midfielder (I don't really rate Petrov) they will have enough to see them home in 4th I reckon. Next year could be a great year to be stood on the Holte End if they keep improving at the rate they have under Mad Marty.
          It's looking good under Ol' Marty, that's for sure. I hope he spends wisely during the january transfer window and we can crack on.

Comment

Aye, I think he could do a job on a short term basis.
            I think he would be a decent signing as cover but I hear Everton are also chasing him down. They have the carrot that Yakubu and Vaughan are out long term thus giving him games?

For purely selfish and personal reasons I would prefer him to go to Villa though

Comment

Originally posted by MickyHatton View Post
              I think he would be a decent signing as cover but I hear Everton are also chasing him down. They have the carrot that Yakubu and Vaughan are out long term thus giving him games?

For purely selfish and personal reasons I would prefer him to go to Villa though
              He'd get games at the Villa an all what with Carew being out for a while and even when Carew comes back I think he'd still be getting the odd game and coming off the bench. Though if we sign Heskey (or another striker) as well his chances will be more limited. But he's worked with Ol Marty before so maybe that might mean that coming to the Mighty Villa will appeal to him.

Comment

His experience will surely help the younger lads and I'm sure he'll score a few, but even Henrik Larsson is no match for Father Time.

Comment

He'd get games at the Villa an all what with Carew being out for a while and even when Carew comes back I think he'd still be getting the odd game and coming off the bench. Though if we sign Heskey (or another striker) as well his chances will be more limited. But he's worked with Ol Marty before so maybe that might mean that coming to the Mighty Villa will appeal to him.
                  Owen will probably go cheap in Jan. Any interest???

Comment

I'd love to see him back in the prem, last time didn't count as it was with the red ****e, he'll be a good signing and I can see him fitting in easily with villas style of play, also he can't be as slow as carew and defo a better finisher.

Comment

For a guy who put my team to the sword on numerous occasions I have the utmost respect for Larsson. A great player and a great sportsman.

Comment

Working...
                      X