No announcement yet.

At 154 Canelo beats Manny up and stops him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    On another note, I'll tell you what, if Canelo actually does in fact face a top 154 lb'er and wins, can you imagine the hype that will be built around him?

It would be like winning the Super Bowl or something. If he's built this much hype after fighting shot Baldomir/Cintron/Mosley, Hatton's brother, Cotto's brother and Lopez, imagine what will happen if he actually wins his first legit fight against someone like Lara or Kirkland?

LMAO he might become an instant Hall of Famer
    He'll definitely get a lot of hype.

He's been built up or tried to be built as a star for years now.

It's a shame his opposition has been so poor up to this point.

Comment

• I think at this stage Pac outworks Canelo to a decision, too much volume and movement for the young champ. Canelo is the future though.

Comment

• Manny Pacquiao is one of the greatest fighters of all time, only slightly past his best. You seriously think he can't beat a over hyped prospect with a worthless "championship" belt around his waist, who has made his name by beating up on LW and LWWs??? Manny may be too small for the division but he would beat Canelo into the middle of next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
          Ill be betting on Canelo if the fight goes down Floyd at 35 (36 if he fight nelo) started to show his age against a weathered Cotto. I know he'll still be the favorite but age gets us all. If it was canelo at 147 pac beats him.
          My money will be on Canelo to. Floyd is getting older and slower and he is not fighting often enough to stay at his sharpest. Canelo is improving. I think Floyd will pass on the Canelo fight and fight the winner of Berto-Guerrero if he fights again. Floyd makes lots of money no matter who he fights and even at 36 he can easily beat Guerrero or Berto in my opinion. Canelo is only 22 and he is strong as a bull with power in both hands and some fast accurate combinations. He did not KO Mosley but even the best punchers can't always win by KO. He did KO the old but still rugged Baldomir with a monster left hook. Baldomir was out cold the second that punch hit his jaw.

Comment

• Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Floyd is getting older and slower and he is not fighting often enough to stay at his sharpest. Canelo is improving. I think Floyd will pass on the Canelo fight and fight the winner of Berto-Guerrero if he fights again.
            This is completely true. Floyd will not fight Canelo. Floyd likes to pick fighters that are average, coming off of decent wins ala Ortiz. Floyd is very good at selection opponents.

Guerrero/Berto fight fits the Mayweather selection profile 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              Ill be betting on Canelo if the fight goes down Floyd at 35 (36 if he fight nelo) started to show his age against a weathered Cotto. I know he'll still be the favorite but age gets us all. If it was canelo at 147 pac beats him.
              Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              Rhodes wasn't a southpaw. I don't think Canelo's even faced one.

It's kind of hard to speculate on a fight against one of the best southpaws in today's world when he's never even faced a descent one or even one at all.
              I don't think Canelo ever fought a southpaw but he was set to fight Kirkland and then Williams so I don't think he is avoiding southpaws. I know you did not say he was avoiding southpaws but many on boxing scene think he is afraid of just about everyone except smaller guys. I don't think he fears anyone at 154 and in May 2013 I think he will face a very tough opponent.

Comment

• This dude always gets banned.

What was it for this time?

Comment

• Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  I think Canelo is better than most on here think he is. He comes in the ring weighing a well conditioned hard 167 lbs. to Pacquiao's 150 lbs. and he is almost 12 years younger than Pacquiao so it's not really a fair fight. I would pick Canelo to win but I would pick Canelo to beat any 147 pound fighter in the world including your boy. The fact that Cotto's brother hurt Canelo does not scare me. Cotto's brother weighed 147, not 126 as some people say. He's a good puncher capable of hurting anyone if he lands the right blows in the right spot. Canelo stayed on his feet and quickly scored the ko. That fight happened when Canelo was a 147 pound teenager and nobody has hurt him since then. Pacquiao has never asked for a Canelo fight and has made it quite clear he wants to stay out of the 154 lb. weight class plus Canelo is with Golden Boy so the chances of this fight happening are zero. I think you just want Pacquiao to get KOed.

great post..............

Comment

• tailor made for pac. the roach 10,000 fist in out method would simply overwhelm canelo. a gear down in speed but still be effective nonetheless, dont be fooled by the bradley match. bradley is top caliber.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      He'll definitely get a lot of hype.

He's been built up or tried to be built as a star for years now.

It's a shame his opposition has been so poor up to this point.
                      really, i think they are doing just fine the way they are managing this kid. i see improvements in almost every fight. hes young and also lerning by the age of 25 he"ll most likely have an amazing career...............

Comment

Working...
                      X