Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather CBS Special Draws 1.73 Million Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather CBS Special Draws 1.73 Million Viewers

The power of CBS came through for the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Robert Guerrero promotion. On Saturday night (8:00-9:00PM, ET/PT), CBS aired a one-hour documentary about the life of undefeated Mayweather. While Showtime's "All Access" series has failed to secure the expected numbers, CBS grabbed a huge draw of 1.73 million viewers, according to TV By The Numbers. CBS came in a close fourth in the nightly rating, being edged by NBC's Smash, which grabbed a rating of 1.89 million. Mayweather's special, among the other channels, were also up against NASCAR on FOX, which blew everyone away with a 5.39.

[Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 04-28-2013, 02:10 PM.

At least something is pulling in some damn numbers for this fight

Comment

maybe that will help cause there is absolutely no hype and excitement for this fight. I mean I just realized the fight is next week.

Comment

From now on every "All Access" shows go on CBS, Showtime got no subscribers

Comment

its an ok number if 80% or more of those viewers are willing to fork up 60 bucks for the ppv if not those ratings are useless, being that it was on free tv at prime time.

Comment

That number sucks as far as major network ratings go.

But as far as generating buzz for the fight, if generates another couple hundred thousand PPV buys it would be a success.

Comment

lol is nobody tired of watching the same thing over and over?

Comment

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather CBS Special Draws 1.73 Million Viewers

The power of CBS came through for the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Robert Guerrero promotion. On Saturday night (8:00-9:00PM, ET/PT), CBS aired a one-hour documentary about the life of undefeated Mayweather. While Showtime's "All Access" series has failed to secure the expected numbers, CBS grabbed a huge draw of 1.73 million viewers, according to TV By The Numbers. CBS came in a close fourth in the nightly rating, being edged by NBC's Smash, which grabbed a rating of 1.89 million. Mayweather's special, among the other channels, were also up against NASCAR on FOX, which blew everyone away with a 5.39.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                  lol is nobody tired of watching the same thing over and over?
                  When I saw the beginning says "Al Haymon productions present" I stopped watching! That means they, Floyd dictate everything!

I'll watch if it says CBS presents! But no matter what I'm not buying!

Comment

Wait is that supposed to be considered a success? 1.70 for a network that every person in the entire US has?

Comment

Working...
                    X