No announcement yet.

Maidana destroys Rios at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maidana destroys Rios at 140

He's fought 10x better opposition than Rios. Another Golden Boy fighter Top Rank will duck.

No way. Maidana is not very good, at all. Neither Ortiz nor Khan should have had trouble with him (or that much trouble with him).
    Last edited by V.WEBB; 01-30-2012, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
      He's fought 10x better opposition than Rios. Another Golden Boy fighter Top Rank will duck.
      I said in another thread I hope Arum doesn't stand in the way of yet another great fight the fans want to see.

However I don't see anyone getting destroyed I do see Maidana stopping Rios around the 8th or 9th in a classic.

Comment

Couldn't disagree more. Rios is so much shorter and accurate with his punches. He would put his head in Maidana's chest and outman Maidana....no easy task but Rios can do it.

Comment

I like Rios and would pick him to destroy Maidana.

Comment

this fight would be ****ing insane

Comment

i would love to see this ****. they could fight this **** in a phone booth (those don't exists anymore though)

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
                No way. Maidana is not very good, at all. Neither Ortiz nor Khan should have had trouble with him (or that much trouble with him).
                well in terms of skill yes 100% agree

however, both seem to lack (Khan not as much as Vic) what Maidana has in spades, will power and determination to gut out tough fought wins

that plays a huge part in who Maidana is as a fighter

Comment

Rios uses intelligent pressure to break fighters down, yes he gets hit alot in the process but its a skill while Maidana to me is just a crude unskilled brawler. It amazes me that he has gotten this far in the sport while being so terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                    well in terms of skill yes 100% agree

however, both seem to lack (Khan not as much as Vic) what Maidana has in spades, will power and determination to gut out tough fought wins

that plays a huge part in who Maidana is as a fighter
                    Right and I meant to come back and revisit my post. You are absolutely right, E. He's tough as nails, I give him that.

Comment

Working...
                    X