Broner Vs Pacqiuao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
    I'm not so sure at 140 SpeedKillz.

No one thought Paul Williams would beat Margarito.

Many thought Amir Khan would beat Danny Garcia.

A few thought Mosley would take Canelo.

Most people didn't think Jermain Taylor had a chance against Hopkins.

And as a point of info, Pacquiao hasn't been a top 5 p4p fighter since the Bradley fight. He wasn't #2 since the JMM3 fight.

Yeah .. Pacquiao USED to be a force to be reckoned with, but when was the last time that YOU PERSONALLY felt that Pacquiao looked like he lived up to the hype?????

The answer should accurately gauge the chances you give the youth and skill of Broner.

I personally feel that if Bradley could do what he did with a injured foot, Broner could do 10x more healthy.

AND!!!!!!! Keep in mind we are talking about a 140lb fight, and not Pacquiao stipulating that Broner fight at 147 or making someone sweat down to weaken them.

It should be feasible because Pacfans all say that "Manny is sooooooo small" and can barely make 147lbs despite the fact that he's been making that weight since fighting Barrera.

Again .. I'm not saying Broner is ready, but if he HAD TO take the fight and was able to come in strong at 140lbs, I'd put my money where my mouth/words are.

Nice post, BTW.
    fair enough, cant argue that

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
      Why do people keep saying this?it simply is not true,Demarco was southpaw and Broner used the shoulder roll all night..Ortiz is a southpaw and Floyd used the shoulder roll all night
      Ponce de leon, a southpaw beat broner!
      Pacquiao has 10x more arsenal than ponce. Broner's easy to hit. He'll not last 8 rds with pac! Now give me that pusssy mayweather!

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
        The best in the world was a general reference to the top fighters in the world, you bumsniffing prawn. Broner is a very good talent, but he just isnt ready yet to be taking on the very best there is. Let the kid gain his experience and earn the right to be there.

Pitch him in with someone like Manny at this stage and he could be another Davey Moore. Idiot.
        I know I've made you cry when you feel the need to begin the playground antics. You've amused me, Tiny Tim .. but I must snatch out your crutch from underneath you by pointing out that Broner just did take on the very best in the world by beating the #1 LW.

I know I know ... you use Mannymath when calculating how good an opponent is ... which simply means that you measure the clamor a fight generated among fans and pundits, and then completely focus on name recognition instead of rank and condition of the fighter.

Is there a better LW that Broner could have fought in his debut at LW?

The answer would be NO.

So that means that Broner is already ahead of the game by actually fighting a #1 fighters instead of relying on his promoter to resuscitate some fallen idol who USED TO BE ranked in the top 3 at some point.

BTW, which recent Pacquiao performance has led you to believe that Broner would have no chance? You'd literally have to go back to Cotto or Margarito to cite an instance where Manny made anyone believe that Broner would have no chance. That YEARS ago!

And in case you missed the question I posed DIRECTLY TO YOU ... "when was the last time Pacquiao beat someone who was ranked #1 in the division in which they were ranked #1 in?"

I stand behind my previous statement: If Bradley, who has half the talent of Broner, could do as well as he did with a broken foot, then Broner IMO would do better.

Its just that simple. And the reason that Pacquiao had JMM and Bradley come up to 147 was because he ATTEMPTED to negate the one attribute that he anticipated having a problem with: SPEED and NIMBLENESS.

We are talking about a fight at 140lbs where I believe Broner would have the edge in speed and nimbleness. Manny may be good at darting in fast, but he sure isn't good at dealing with anyone who uses lateral movement. And he's a target for anyone who can as seen in Pacquiao/JMM III.

Comment

Pac obliterates him and stops him inside 4 rounds. Broner tags him and Pac laughs while pummeling him with 8 punches in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
            May I ask you who is this #1 Pac should beat at 147 except retiree Roidweather?
            Well let's put it this way, Whirlwind; the following are the ranks of the boxer at the point in which Pacquiao became willing to fight them:

DLH - not a top WW

Hatton - was the #1 jrWW only because his belt wasn't on the line against Floyd in his first KO loss.

Cotto - was #5 after his loss to Margarito, but moved up to #4 after beating unknown Jennings for a vacant paper title.

Clottey - coming off questionable loss to Cotto and was #5.

Margarito - was banned and not ranked. He held no rank at jrMW, yet Arum set it up for him to compete against Manny for yet another vacant belt.

Mosley - was #5 after losing in a domination at the hands of Floyd.

JMM - may have been #1 at LW, but at this point he was being made to campaign as a WW so Pacquiao could slow him down. It backfired. JMM was not in the top 10 at WW for that fight.

Bradley - was #1 at 140, but had no real rank at WW as he had never beaten a WW. He too was made to move up so Pacquiao could have a slower target.

So who should Pacquiao had fought at WW?

HAHAHA .. well for starters he should have fought the above listed fighters back when they actually held the top three spots. Many of them tried to get fights with Pacquiao while they held those coveted spots. Pacquiao would have none of that.

Anyone recall Roach stating that the only way Mosley would get a match would be at a catchweight of 142lbs?

There's your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              Pac obliterates him and stops him inside 4 rounds. Broner tags him and Pac laughs while pummeling him with 8 punches in a row.
              When was the last time Pac stopped anyone?

Hmmm .....

Comment

Originally posted by THE LARRY View Post
                He landed lefts on Bradley and Bradley was fine,Compubox claimed he landed 253 shots and Bradley looked the same after the fight
                The mofo jumped when he got touched and broke two ankles. He was not fine. The mofo was in a wheelchair...

Comment

I know I've made you cry when you feel the need to begin the playground antics. You've amused me, Tiny Tim .. but I must snatch out your crutch from underneath you by pointing out that Broner just did take on the very best in the world by beating the #1 LW.

I know I know ... you use Mannymath when calculating how good an opponent is ... which simply means that you measure the clamor a fight generated among fans and pundits, and then completely focus on name recognition instead of rank and condition of the fighter.

Is there a better LW that Broner could have fought in his debut at LW?

The answer would be NO.

So that means that Broner is already ahead of the game by actually fighting a #1 fighters instead of relying on his promoter to resuscitate some fallen idol who USED TO BE ranked in the top 3 at some point.

BTW, which recent Pacquiao performance has led you to believe that Broner would have no chance? You'd literally have to go back to Cotto or Margarito to cite an instance where Manny made anyone believe that Broner would have no chance. That YEARS ago!

And in case you missed the question I posed DIRECTLY TO YOU ... "when was the last time Pacquiao beat someone who was ranked #1 in the division in which they were ranked #1 in?"

I stand behind my previous statement: If Bradley, who has half the talent of Broner, could do as well as he did with a broken foot, then Broner IMO would do better.

Its just that simple. And the reason that Pacquiao had JMM and Bradley come up to 147 was because he ATTEMPTED to negate the one attribute that he anticipated having a problem with: SPEED and NIMBLENESS.

We are talking about a fight at 140lbs where I believe Broner would have the edge in speed and nimbleness. Manny may be good at darting in fast, but he sure isn't good at dealing with anyone who uses lateral movement. And he's a target for anyone who can as seen in Pacquiao/JMM III.
                  I could only get to the third sentence. It was totally predictable that you would all jump on broners ****. I predicted it a while back. you're a funny guy! Broner P4P no2 after Floyd...year year!

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                    I could only get to the third sentence.
                    Then you have improved! I told you Hooked on Phonics would work for you.

Of course what you write is still complete nonsense, but hopefully with more practice you'll improve there too.

Keep up the effort, scooby.

Comment

Then you have improved! I told you Hooked on Phonics would work for you.

Of course what you write is still complete nonsense, but hopefully with more practice you'll improve there too.

Keep up the effort, scooby.
                      Ok my little olympic bronze medal champ!

Comment

Working...
                      X