Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devon Alexander may not be popular he deserves a shot at May..has best chance winning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its crazy how overrated Alexander is. The guy loses 3 str8 fights, becomes boxings dullest fighter/personality and people still make him out to be a good fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Alexander/Floyd is a legitimate fight. No matter how much an angry hater hates. However the fight has business being a 70 dollar ppv. The fight is worth some regular showtime, nothing more.
      Wow what a joke, Guerrero and now Alexander are legit fights? Is it that impressive to beat fringe contenders after losing 3 str8 fights?

Thurman has done more then Alexander and has looked better too

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        Alexander is a young fight in or reaching his prime, holds a title at 147 is more accomplished than all the other possibles Like Garcia, mattyssee, and canelo....also he is more skilled and has more tools to defeat Mayweather.....mattysse like all big punchers is grossly overrated and would get outboard and only has a punches chance.....I saw the fights Judah beat him fair and square. Wasn't pretty but the job got done. canelo has wouldn't he has one win over a ranked guy at his weight. Garcia has good fundamentals and heart good counter skills would actually punch with Mayweather to land a shot which is how you Ko a figter with good defense. Alexander is a southpaw has a very good trainer has heart improved good speed decent power and punch variety. titles at two weights beat better Como than the rest.id he isn't next that's cool. Of he keeps winning he should get a shot

these floyd alts are out of control.

Comment

Mayweather can beat this dude blndfolded. All he has to do is time the shouts and counter him all night

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Its crazy how overrated Alexander is. The guy loses 3 str8 fights, becomes boxings dullest fighter/personality and people still make him out to be a good fighter

loses to Kotelnik and Matthysse, quits against Bradley...beats Bailey and Joe Calzaghe's golf caddy and now he deserves a fight with Floyd

Comment

Depending on how Alexander fights, this can be boring or interesting.
              Floyd isn't on good terms with people after that Guerrero fight and people booing/leaving early.

IMO, I wouldn't mind a fight and I expect it. I prefer him over Garcia and he can make it interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                mutha****ing YAWN

you guys pay $70 for Floyd-Alexander...i dont even know if that **** is worth streaming
                The fight has to happen....we don't know how it turns out there have been plenty fights we thought would be duds but were exciting
                IMO canelo has a huge following but is tailor made for Mayweather....he fights in spurts, his jab is not active. All he has is size and power. After round 4 he would begin to get busted up and start to gas....if he don't ko Mayweather he has no shot. Same as mattysse who is a Lil awkward has awesome power, but is far more hittable than canelo but would get outclassed. Garcia has a shot because he more well rounded than those two. Alexander would make Floyd lead...has all around skills and would land more than those guys because of his speed, angles and stance.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                  PBP convinced me yesterday Alexander has fought better competition than Ortiz,Guerrero and even Canelo. I'm def not a fan of the fight I like Devon he deserves that shot an payday.
                  And lost to 3 of the best fighters he's ever faced. After that its been journey men and fringe contenders. If "fighting better competition" is what earns fights, then Floyd should give Corley a rematch

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    I agree with that too. But with Cotto getting a date I think Floyd/Canelo is all but done at this point.
                    Why does beating Khan earn him a Floyd fight? Devon himself should have 3 losses as it is, he doesn’t deserve the fight now way

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      The fight has to happen....we don't know how it turns out there have been plenty fights we thought would be duds but were exciting
                      IMO canelo has a huge following but is tailor made for Mayweather....he fights in spurts, his jab is not active. All he has is size and power. After round 4 he would begin to get busted up and start to gas....if he don't ko Mayweather he has no shot. Same as mattysse who is a Lil awkward has awesome power, but is far more hittable than canelo but would get outclassed. Garcia has a shot because he more well rounded than those two. Alexander would make Floyd lead...has all around skills and would land more than those guys because of his speed, angles and stance.

no, the fight does NOT have to happen

if it DOES need to happen, it wont...just like ALL the other fights that people REALLY wanted to see from Floyd

but, it wont surprise me...when Floyd is scraping the bottom of the barrel and fighting the likes of Ortiz and Guerrero, then i guess Alexander can have a shot

you guys enjoy that fight...i'll be content with getting a text from ESPN saying Floyd won 118-110 and read stories how people were leaving by the 5th round

Comment

Working...
                      X