No announcement yet.

what will virgil hunter offer Khan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what will virgil hunter offer Khan?

I haven't really heard much of Virgil Hunter, other than he trains andre ward. What will he bring to Amir's game that Freddie didn't?

Virgil is very old school, he will strip it down to basics, the Jab will take center stage. If you watch Ward box you'll see he works the jab, it's the punch that opens up all avenues for him to dismantle his opponents.

The question is can Virgil stop Khan from doing all the pointless soft flurries which Roach favored and turn him into a less is more type boxer.

The glass jaw cant be fixed, but there is still a lot of room for improvement offensively and defensively, Virgil will basically have to build Khan up from the bottom and teach him basics.

Only time will tell if Khan listens, or he'll end up like Hatton when he changed trainers...

Comment

I wonder if Amir even knows or whether he has just picked the flavour of the month trainer.

We know one thing, Amir fights nothing like Ward - at all. So if he's looking at Ward's success and thinking 'I'd like some of that' then he's barking up the wrong tree.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        I wonder if Amir even knows or whether he has just picked the flavour of the month trainer.

We know one thing, Amir fights nothing like Ward - at all. So if he's looking at Ward's success and thinking 'I'd like some of that' then he's barking up the wrong tree.
        Im sure a world level boxer like amir knows his stuff about trainers.For me though my pick would have been adam booth. Hopefully, virgil can teach khan to use his reach advantage and to keep that chin down. what i dont get is maidana caught khan more flush that garcia did but khan survived. Would you class garcia as a harder puncher than maidana? On last nights evidence i see maidana as the far harder puncher!

Comment

If Virgil Hunter can teach Amir how to infight plus how to safely go from outside to inside and back again....then it's a great choice by Khan.

Comment

Originally posted by KingKhan1 View Post
            Im sure a world level boxer like amir knows his stuff about trainers.
            I hope so. At very least you'd hope he could teach him how to tie up a fighter to survive when hurt.

For me though my pick would have been adam booth. Hopefully, virgil can teach khan to use his reach advantage and to keep that chin down. what i dont get is maidana caught khan more flush that garcia did but khan survived. Would you class garcia as a harder puncher than maidana? On last nights evidence i see maidana as the far harder puncher!
            I think Khan was moving into Garcia's (first) knockdown punch which made it harder. Iirc the punch Maidana hurt Khan with was a wild overhead right.

Comment

Working...
            X