Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20 billion: Who is THE toughest fighter ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Gans went 42 rounds in searing heat while weight-drained and went 17 rounds in a rematch with Battling Nelson while suffering from tuberculosis. You don't get much tougher than that.

Joe Jeannette, took a brutal beating for 30 rounds in fight with Sam Mcvey, knocked down 27 times, in the 19th round had to be dragged to his corner, and came back and outlasted his opponent knocking him down 7 times till Mcvey wasnt able to come out for the 50th round. My God the toughness of these old timers is mind boggling.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      Honestly, don't know which is which, but the paler one in the short white shorts is just giving the other dude an AWFUL beating. I thought that that fight was supposed to be very close, but one guy is getting horribly beat up. Didn't watch the whole thing and I can't quite see everything, but what I can see is pretty brutal. I didn't even know that footage existed, that's a cool post.
      That's "The Durable Dane" Battling Nelson taking the beating and Ad Wolgast administering it. Nelson did catch up to Wolgast in the middle of the fight, round 21 I believe, by hurting him and knocking him down with a right hand. Wolgast survived though and came back to beat Nelson up.

Comment

When i hear the word Tough i literally get a picture pop into my head of Joe Frazier in Manilla eye shut, face all puffed to ****, bobbing forward towards the Greatest HW Ever with a snarl of defiance etched on his face and swinging Left Hooks at the tail end of a Long Hard fight in the scorching Heat

Comment

It's already been mentioned but I'm going to echo the vote of Jake Lamotta.

Comment

Surely not the toughest ever or even of this generation but id just like to give a shout for Danny Williams and his heroic win over Mark Potter with a badly dislocated shoulder, he also showed his toughness vs Vitali Klitchko (along with a complete lack of ability!)

Comment

The real Roberto Duran, the nightmare that ruled the lightweights in the 70's.

Comment

Greb

fought half blind, against much bigger guys.

Someone like Beau Jack. Prior to boxing he took part in battle royals ( or what ever you call em. ) That literally must have been crazy.

Comment

i will go with basillio

he ws in some reallybrutal clasics with some big punching champs(demarco,saxton) and atg's(fulmer,srr and i think he fought gavilan?)

they told him he couldnt do it and that definatly sparked the flame

Comment

Working...
                  X