Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Floyd's "pillow" gloves compromise his power? (READ DISCLAIMER)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it take much power away, maybe some. But that's because he has hand problems, i believe he wore Reyes gloves before Grants. Also for those who say Maidana used so called "pillows", Chino used Winning gloves (which are the ultimate pillow gloves) against Morales, i didn't hear any complaining then from fans. Robert already said the problem with the gloves was that they were uncomfortable because Chinos hands are big.

Comment

Remember the Ortiz Fight, Ortiz basically put his face as a target yet Floyd didn't KO him cold! Ortiz got up like he was on the set for the Expendables.

Josie harries has a granite chin than those who Floyd KO!

Comment

I honestly believe that Floyd doesn't get credit for the power he does have, but it's not like he's a giant puncher anyway. If he were as 'feather fisted' as some suggest some of the bigger punchers would have screwed him up a long time ago.

Comment

Floyd has had almost 50 fights and he chooses his own gloves except for one fight..... His power or lack there of is apparent at the higher weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
            I stand corrected. Ok, so if Maidana were dead set on using his own custom made pair of horse hairs, why not just call the fight off entirely?

I'm certain that if he were to beat Floyd the first time he would probably insist Floyd wear heavier pillows to slow down Floyd's hand speed much like Oscar did, and Floyd would have to comply.

Maidana is fortunate Floyd decided to exercise the rematch clause and has given Maidana the opportunity to win this time.

Maidana and Robert appear to be happy they're getting o do it again.

Like I said, the show will still go on.
            Call the fight off? ............. Why didn't Floyd just let Maidana fight with the APPROVED punchers gloves?

Comment

Working...
            X