Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excited for Battlefield 1? Any fans of the franchise?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excited for Battlefield 1? Any fans of the franchise?

Not a gamer, but play the occasional COD/BF. I've played Battlefield 2: Bad Company and right now hooked on Battlefield Hardline.

So, yeah, anyone going to buy it? Excited?

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
    Not a gamer, but play the occasional COD/BF. I've played Battlefield 2: Bad Company and right now hooked on Battlefield Hardline.

So, yeah, anyone going to buy it? Excited?
    Battlefield 1 is easily the best Battlefield game I've played since BF2 its straight fire a very good launch in comparison to BF4.

I'm on Origin playing it on the PC If you've got it.

Comment

Playing on ps4 as I post this.

I was a big fan of bf3 and bf4, but after awhile (especially after spending a few weeks playing Black Ops 3) I began to realize that I was growing tired of near-future combat with the over-the-top weapons and gadgets and shít. I just wanted to get back to basics.

Then the trailer for BF1 came out, and I almost blew a load in my pants.

This game is fuggin brutal, and has some of the best visuals and sounds that I've experienced on a console.

There are still a few kinks that Dice needs to work out, but for the most part this game is awesome.

Comment

Be forewarned, though:

This game takes place in 1918, and with that comes the reality of the weapons used at the time.

It seems like a lot of the criticism for BF1 is coming from people that just can't hack it without their ultra long range sniper rifles, attack choppers, and silenced submachine guns with laser sights.

This game never fails to remind you that it takes place a hundred years ago. But there is a certain quality to that, more challenging, and more exciting. For me, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
          Battlefield 1 is easily the best Battlefield game I've played since BF2 its straight fire a very good launch in comparison to BF4.

I'm on Origin playing it on the PC If you've got it.
          I'm on Xbox One bro.

Comment

I wasn't going to buy it as I had just got B.F. Hardline a month ago, but I went & sold the Xbox 360 + some games & got "in store credit" enough that I only had to pitch in 20 bucks and get it so I did!

My reaction: WOW!

Play conquest for the most part because TDM's are too short. Not that I mind conquest. Especially for a sniper, people are busy capturing objectives, so you won't get in to close quarter situations too often where you can be outclassed (no pun).

I'm not selfish though, I play the objectives where I'll snipe to clear (for capture) or even defend (if I can find a spot) the flag.

I love how Battlefield is more of a game with bigger maps & relatively slower pace in contrast to COD which is really "go go go".
            Last edited by Box-Office; 10-27-2016, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Contra View Post
              Be forewarned, though:

This game takes place in 1918, and with that comes the reality of the weapons used at the time.

It seems like a lot of the criticism for BF1 is coming from people that just can't hack it without their ultra long range sniper rifles, attack choppers, and silenced submachine guns with laser sights.

This game never fails to remind you that it takes place a hundred years ago. But there is a certain quality to that, more challenging, and more exciting. For me, anyway.

Like you said that its set in WW1, so no Laser Mines. I'm a sniper so I need something to give me cover & of course it can be an immediate payback kill as well.

I just got it, so is there something you can get later on when you unlock stuff that is similar to the Laser mine thing, like the one in Hardline?

Also I hate how Team Death Matches are too short.

Comment

Playing on ps4 as I post this.

I was a big fan of bf3 and bf4, but after awhile (especially after spending a few weeks playing Black Ops 3) I began to realize that I was growing tired of near-future combat with the over-the-top weapons and gadgets and shít. I just wanted to get back to basics.

Then the trailer for BF1 came out, and I almost blew a load in my pants.

This game is fuggin brutal, and has some of the best visuals and sounds that I've experienced on a console.

There are still a few kinks that Dice needs to work out, but for the most part this game is awesome.
                The trailer had me skepitcal because i really wanted a WW2 game but they've made WW1 basically like a WW2 game but with era authentic weapons to a degree authentic.

Be forewarned, though:

I don't know why any of those who want long range snipers and gadgets would care the game actually does require a lot more skill than 3 & 4 you no longer appear on the mini-map when shooting your gun suppressed or not suppressed.

I think my only complaint with the game would be that sometimes the attack planes and bombers can take too much damage to knock them out of the sky that I dislike that and I think they might be a tad bit too effective at assaulting infantry a role that they weren't really necessary meant for because in real life scenario taking a few rifle rounds into their plane would more than likely ground it.

I'm on Xbox One bro.
                I wasn't going to buy it as I had just got B.F. Hardline a month ago, but I went & sold the Xbox 360 + some games & got "in store credit" enough that I only had to pitch in 20 bucks and get it so I did!

My reaction: WOW!

Play conquest for the most part because TDM's are too short. Not that I mind conquest. Especially for a sniper, people are busy capturing objectives, so you won't get in to close quarter situations too often where you can be outclassed (no pun).

I'm not selfish though, I play the objectives where I'll snipe to clear (for capture) or even defend (if I can find a spot) the flag.

I love how Battlefield is more of a game with bigger maps & relatively slower pace in contrast to COD which is really "go go go".
                You can close quarter snipe though with a good few options the Russian 1885 basically the Winchester lever action rifle has a very fast fire rate and its high damaging sweet spot is at that medium range where medic rifles are effective as well then you also have the SMLE Carbine that has optics on it which makes it very easy to go in for capping objectives.

If you can get the chance to unlock this pistol get it, its the gasser revolver for the assault class I believe two hip fire shots at close range and you will kill anyone very good gun.

Tried the beta on console but I just dislike not having the level of precision of mouse allows me to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                  Tried the beta on console but I just dislike not having the level of precision of mouse allows me to have.
                  The last time I tried to play a shooter on a computer I nearly threw the mouse out the fkn window.

Probably just because I've been playing consoles since NES (omfg, I really am getting old), but I need to have a controller in my hand. I feel like using mouse/wasd detracts from the immersion I typically experience while using a controller.
                  Last edited by Contra; 10-29-2016, 05:27 AM.

Comment

This was the main reason I switched from COD to Battlefield in the first place. Also the vehicles, which add a whole different dynamic to the gameplay.

I began craving a more sim-like military fps instead of the run&gun feel of the COD maps, where it's basically kill or be killed every 15-20 seconds. BF allows you to take your time, strategize, and to use your brain to defeat the other team, instead of just a fast trigger finger.

Comment

Working...
                    X