Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Given how much time has passed, when do you expect Andre Ward to Fight again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somewhere between the near future and the not too distant future.

Comment

His contract with Goosen ends in September 2015 (one month before Chavez's contract with TR ends).

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...#axzz2nJ6nlOGl

There were rumors that Roc Nations was looking to buy him out, but what would they be gaining if he's a free agent in less than 9 months and he could end up leaving you anyways. Besides that, the Goosen's are going to hold a grudge against Ward and not let him out and are suing him for $10mill in defamation.

Ward's wasted thousands in legal fees and lost millions by not fighting. If he loses the defamation case I think we'll be guaranteed to see him be alot more active in fighting.

Comment

Not soon enough.

Comment

hopefully, never again

Comment

my source tells me that the jigga man and his team is finishing up a deal to get Andre ward

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              hopefully, never again
              Must be tough to watch your heroes get utterly outclassed one after the other.

Comment

Who?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Comment

I think he'll return middle/late 2015 and be as good as ever. He isn't old, he doesn't have a punishing fighting style and he lives well by all accounts.

I think we overstate the effect of a layoff having a bad effect on sportsmen sometimes. I remember thinking Vitali would struggle coming off a near 4 year layoff and being into his late thirties when he fought Sam Peter. I think I was even leaning towards Peter to win - what a prediction that was! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1836 View Post
                    Its been more than a year now, about to be 2015, and not a hint of a new fight for him is in the air. When do you realistically see him fighting again? Do you think he will be the same when he comes back?
                    Have no clue what to even make of the situation with Andre ward. It's just stupid. He's wasting his career. I'm just glad I'm not a fan of his and don't really give 2 ****s about him not fighting anymore.

Comment

I expect a tune up, rematching Shelby Pudwill in early 2017. By then his status will be so legendary his purse will be 20 million dollars.

Comment

Working...
                      X