No announcement yet.

The music of the 1970s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Nothing really comes close to the 70s in terms of rock music, blues, art rock, avant-garde, etc. Pink Floyd, David Bowie, The Velvet Underground (although they were more 60s in their prime some would argue). This is the same decade where punk originated, and rap music. It is THE most creative era, bar none.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
        Nothing really comes close to the 70s in terms of rock music, blues, art rock, avant-garde, etc. Pink Floyd, David Bowie, The Velvet Underground (although they were more 60s in their prime some would argue). This is the same decade where punk originated, and rap music. It is THE most creative era, bar none.
        The 70's gave birth to so much musically. Not only were tons of newcomers with their own sound, many of the bands from the 60's carried into the 70's and truly hit their stride. The catalog is so damn enormous. This thread could continue on 100's of pages where we could all post different artists and tens of thousands of songs, and songs with meaning!

Comment

Give it up for the greatest decade in music history, the 70's!

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
            Give it up for the greatest decade in music history, the 70's!

Drop the abba bro!

Actually I went and seen both Lynyrd Skynyrd and Pink Floyd in the seventies. Great times and music!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                Drop the abba bro!

Actually I went and seen both Lynyrd Skynyrd and Pink Floyd in the seventies. Great times and music!
                I'm not even from the 70's and i consider it the greatest music decade of all times, wayy ahead of the 60's and 80's.

1.70's
                2.60's
                3.80's
                4.90's.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
                    Embed that ****! This is your thread too, man. This is going to be a ****ing juggernaut of a music thread. The 1970s were goddamn amazing, musically speaking.
                    lol. That post made me want to get drunk so bad! I want to shout love with a big brash drunken voice.

Comment

This is one of the greatest most powerful things to ever grace the Earth.

Say what you will...Abba were ****ing incredible.

Comment

Working...
                      X