Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a win for kell brook better than any of khans wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    Not as far as accomplishment they are not on the same level..Alexander is a unified Champ and a two div Champ bro..Maidana I still don't even think has won an official Championship and Kottie never unified..I would have to give the edge to Alexander over both fighters...
    I don't care about belts, I care about who they beat. Alexander is not any better a win than Kotelnik or Maidana were for Khan. Maybe Alexander recovers from a Brook loss and goes on to do something to change that, but at the moment that's how I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Khan has fought the better fighters from a very young age though, so it's understandable that he is not undefeated.

Prescott, Kotelnyk, Malignaggi, Maidana, Judah, Peterson, Garcia.

Earl, Gomez, Limond were about as good a win as Brook's current best win over Carson Jones IMHO.
      Earl was done and everyone knew it, the war with Katsidis took it all out of him. Gomez was blown up and also at the end of his road, was coming off taking punishment and being flattened in a domestic war with 'Ingemar' at 130 late the previous year. Limond was another blown up guy, featherfisted and EBU/Commonwealth level at best. they were good opponents for Khan at that formative stage of his career, though.

if Kell has an opponent/stepping stone on his record of equivalent worth to those guys, Michael Jennings would be somewhat closer to a match.

Jones is a prime guy who had shown a lot of improvement after teaming with Sanchez and coming down to welter, climbing the sanctioning body's rankings. he's yet to prove he's more than a gatekeeper to world class, but he was certainly a more formidable opponent than those you mentioned for Khan.
      Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 01-18-2013, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I don't care about belts, I care about who they beat. Alexander is not any better a win than Kotelnik or Maidana were for Khan. Maybe Alexander recovers from a Brook loss and goes on to do something to change that, but at the moment that's how I feel.
        Respect ya view bro,but let's be real..Fighters are looked at for accomplishments as they should be..Since you want to look at who they beat,that still gives Alexander an edge bro...Alexander beat Matt's Kottie Maidana Urango and Bailey..Maidana and Kottie have nothing on their resume that good,so weather it's belts or just resume Alexander trumps both of them bro..Based off of facts...

Comment

all things considered, yes, Devon would be the best single win Khan and Kell would have between them. you can come up with favourable triangulations involving Alexander for both Khan and Devon (Khan handled Kotelnik whom Devon struggled with and should've lost to, Devon handled Maidana more easily than Khan), but the truth is he would be the most accomplished fighter that either Khan or Kell would have beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            Respect ya view bro,but let's be real..Fighters are looked at for accomplishments as they should be..Since you want to look at who they beat,that still gives Alexander an edge bro...Alexander beat Matt's Kottie Maidana Urango and Bailey..Maidana and Kottie have nothing on their resume that good,so weather it's belts or just resume Alexander trumps both of them bro..Based off of facts...
            I simply refuse to give credit to Alexander for Matthysse or Kotelnik. He did not beat either of them, and I don't care what the record says. Kotelnik and Maidana were the same caliber fighter as Alexander now.

Comment

Brook will beat the living shyt out of Devon rofl

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I simply refuse to give credit to Alexander for Matthysse or Kotelnik. He did not beat either of them, and I don't care what the record says. Kotelnik and Maidana were the same caliber fighter as Alexander now.
                Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                all things considered, yes, Devon would be the best single win Khan and Kell would have between them. you can come up with favourable triangulations involving Alexander for both Khan and Devon (Khan handled Kotelnik whom Devon struggled with and should've lost to, Devon handled Maidana more easily than Khan), but the truth is he would be the most accomplished fighter that either Khan or Kell would have beaten.
                See Bo,this is big picture right here...

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  It depends on how he beats Devon. If he dominates the fight and wins convincingly than hes on his way to becoming a player in the WW division. If he wins a stinker than obviously there will still be question marks.
                  I also think that's what it comes down to.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                    Brook will beat the living shyt out of Devon rofl
                    I can't see Brook beating the **** out of Alexander..Seems unrealistic..

Comment

Kotelnik is better than Alexander imo

Comment

Working...
                      X