No announcement yet.

You're Sergio Martinez and Offering a Catchweight to Cotto or Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're Sergio Martinez and Offering a Catchweight to Cotto or Mayweather

what's the lowest in weight you're willing to go?

Meet in the middle 157.

Comment

I would guess 157.

Comment

Whatever weight allows him to still perform at 100%.

If that's 154, then that's where it would be. If it's higher or lower than that, same thing.

Sergio weighed in at 159 at the weekend without looking remotely dry, he could take another few lbs off that weight. I'd imagine he could make 156 and still be completely solid, 154? Maybe, but those final 2 or so pounds could see him starting to dry out.

Comment

Dunno, im not martinez so i dont know how my body would react. Maybe he feels strong and healthy at 154, maybe not. Maybe a pound or two would make a difference, 155-156. Hard to say, i know how my body reacts, but everybody reacts differently.

With that said, martinez is only 167ish fight night, hell welterweights balloon up that much. Sergio isnt *that* big to where its a ridiculous suggestion, not a reason why floyd or cotto cant fight him. In either case the fight wont be won or lost because of weightt, but because of who is the better fighter, or who has the best style matchup.

Comment

Yea ima meet in the middle kinda guy regarding catchweights in most cases

Like i wouldnt want that for a CW and a LHW

Comment

although I like all the ideas about meeting in the middle at 157

Comment

Didn't Sergio suggest he's really a 154 pounder and he can make 154? I forgot where he said it but for a middleweight fight maybe like 156 or 157?

Comment

There is no need for a catchweight to fight Floyd. The Cotto fight with a catchweight would be for Cotto challenging for the middleweight title.

Comment

I thought that Sergio could do 154 without problem. Well, 157 should be fine, right?

Comment

Working...
                    X