No announcement yet.

Where to watch UFC/Boxing PPVs at Sydney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to watch UFC/Boxing PPVs at Sydney

Does anyone know a bar or pub that show UFc and boxing PPVs? Im not sure if Oneworld sports shows them or not, I want to check out tomorrows UFC event at a place at Sydney.

Search it on the net, i know alot of sport clubs/pubs show all the boxing

Comment

Yeh Ive tried searching on the web for them. I know theres several sport bars that you can google and I know where some of them are, but the problem is most of them are open late at nights. Since most of the sport PPVs are in america the time difference makes it around miday in Oz, most bars and clubs arent really open in the day. Ive checked some of the sport bars and they dont really have PPVs. Its all Fox Sports, Rubdy, AFL, Soccer etc. No boxing or UFC really.

Comment

Well I got no results but I called a few bars and found the ONLY bar that has it so far. Scruffy Murpheys. The place is a dump but at least you can watch Boxing and UFC PPVs.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel22 View Post
          Does anyone know a bar or pub that show UFc and boxing PPVs? Im not sure if Oneworld sports shows them or not, I want to check out tomorrows UFC event at a place at Sydney.
          Hi Archangel,

The availability of overseas fights have been the subject of much discussion in this forum. It really depends on what you wanna watch and where. I'll briefly outline your options for you.

Option 1. Watching a fight at a pub or club.

This involves checking with the relevant broadcasters on whether they are picking up the fight. The two major broadcasters here are Mainevent and Sky Sports (Sky Ringside).

Mainevent programs show in some pubs and clubs on Foxsports. Head to the following website to check out where it will be showing.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/boxing/f...ndine-v-medley

If you find an event showing on Sky ringside, use this website to search for venues.

http://www.skychannel.com.au/ringsid....php?event=272

Option 2. Purchase on Mainevent and watch at home.

It's not an option for everybody and is seldom worth the cost.

Option 3. Watch online

Live (free) streams can be unreliable and of poor quality and are prone to being shut down mid fight. They can be used with some success as a last resort.

There are some sites that charge a small fee (~$3 AUD)for a better quality online stream if you're desperate. I had to resort to this option for the first stage of the Super 6 tourney.

Option 4. Download and watch later

Probably one of the better ways to watch a fight. Good quality fight videos can be downloaded free a day or two after the fight. Admittedly it does suck if you stumble across the result before you get to watch the fight.

Hope you can find something that works for ya.

Comment

Oh yeah I know I can purchase them but I think its a rip off, some fights end in few seconds. The Jones JR Danny Green was a knife to the guy I payed to watch it live at the stadium and my hero got done in 120secs. I stream bad PPVs online I have a tone of sites already saved. I just want to watch some great PPVs with the boys at a pub or club its just more fun drinking and screaming like your their trainer or something lol. I think I was the only one at the bar swearing and screaming when Silva lost.

Comment

Oh yeah I know I can purchase them but I think its a rip off, some fights end in few seconds. The Jones JR Danny Green was a knife to the guy I payed to watch it live at the stadium and my hero got done in 120secs. I stream bad PPVs online I have a tone of sites already saved. I just want to watch some great PPVs with the boys at a pub or club its just more fun drinking and screaming like your their trainer or something lol. I think I was the only one at the bar swearing and screaming when Silva lost.

I know what you mean, it's kind of lame watching fights live on your PC.
              Noting beats watching a fight with a group of people that are just as hyped as you are.

I remember 14 of us were hyped to watch DLH vs Mayweather and that was the most disappointing boxing event I've ordered on PPV.

Comment

I rarely buy Mainevent PPV's. I think the last two I bought were Pacquiao/Hatton and Pacquiao/Cotto - both of which whilst ending spectacularly were somewhat disappointing value.

I certainly know what you mean about appreciating fights at a pub. It's good to have a nice local that regularly screens fights.

If you like UFC, there's a pub in Sydney's inner west that shows it with a few hours time delay. PM me if you want details.

Comment

Those sites you sent were perfect. Great list and search results I use them more. I called and googled and went to many pubs and clubs and got no results for yesterdays luckily the call to Scruffy Murphey happened by chance that they had it. But today I look at your list, the RSL at the next suburb from where I live was airing it, epic fail I traveled out of the way hahaha. Any PPV now those sites are a must. I just hope we get more live boxing and UFC events in Oz its the best entertainment, well worth the entry fees.

Comment

Working...
                  X