Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Arum wants Lomachenko to fight two more times this year!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
    That's good. That's why I cited Verdejo, who just fought last April, and was surprised to see him fight again just 2 months later. That's extremely rare these days in a sport where divas are being created for every winning fight. Where the hell is Danny Garcia, for example? Is he retired or what?
    I honestly think everyone is having a difficult time finding dates. People don't want to admit it, but boxing is struggling right now.
    I'm sure there are fighters content with only fighting a few times a year. Danny Garcia may be one of them. He doesn't seem to be in a rush. Garcia is one of the bigger names on PBC, so if he wanted a date he probably would get it.
    Garcia is already a well recognized name, someone like Loma needs to stay more active to keep the momentum he just gained.

They wanted to keep Verdejo active this year since he lost most of last year due to injury. If they keep putting Verdejo in against that level of opponent then I would rather them just not waste money on him. That's my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      Good luck getting HBO to pony up upwards of 1.5-1.7 million for those 2 fights just for him not even including his opposition and undercard....
      It will be difficult without a doubt, but it can be done.
      It depends on the opponent too. Someone like Berchelt shouldn't be getting a lot and Loma should take a paycut depending on the opponent. He should make less against Berchelt than against someone like Salido. The Salido rematch is way more marketable than Berchelt. People actually want to see the rematch.
      I don't even think Salido would ask for much. He made 50K for Vargas, obviously he should make much more for a Loma fight, but Salido isn't going to be like Walters and ask for 1 million dollars.
      Salido would probably be content with 400-550K. And he could keep whatever money from the Mexican TV. Salido would be one of the more expensive opponents and he deserves some good money.
      Someone like Pedraza would cost more than Berchelt, but he doesn't have the name Salido has, so he should make less.
      If they don't accept the money being offered then it's on them.It's not like they're making a lot in other fights.
      Like how much is Pedraza making? I don't even think he's made more than 150K yet, so against Loma he shouldn't be asking for a ton more. I would say he's worth like 150-300K. Wasn't the purse bid for Pedraza-Smith won at 150K? Pedraza is better than Martinez, but he isn't as known as Rocky.
      Realistically a lot of the potential Loma opponents shouldn't cost much, if they want to overprice themselves then it's on them. They lose a paycheck.

I'm just throwing out ideas and thoughts. I'm just giving estimations here. I think they could work it out if they really wanted.

Comment

Working...
      X