Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it That Fans of CERTAIN RUNNING STYLE always wants to call it boxing..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
    Canelo more Mexican than most of these brown dudes x13 x14 dudes in America.

by back to the subject.

Floyd is a master boxer (who runs at times) and he is vastly underrated for his ability to walk someone down, that peek-a-boo style is one of the best at walking someone down and dont you forget it.
    I came in expecting to disagree.

But I agree entirely with this post.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      My problem is this. I look at a fighter that needs to set his feet to punch or can't cut the ring, in order to expose his weakness, I need to use my feet. I want to make him constantly reset because he can't beat me unless I handicap myself by standing still.

If I see a one- dimsensional fighter who relies on a left hook **cough cough Donaire**....I'm moving because he can't win unless I give him an opportunity to land that shot.

I just think different. I look at it from the perspective of a fighter giving him the best opportunity to win as opposed to just some "gentlemen agreement" where we agree to go toe to toe to show who has more balls.
      I don't think you can critisize a fighter for doing what he has to to win.

Chris Algeri can't stand toe to toe with Provodnikov, but if he moves and jabs, he can win. So of course he's going to. And you could say Algeri "ran" during that fight but can you blame him?

It's like Hopkins once said, if I see a punch coming, and I duck it, you can't blame me. If I see it coming what am I supposed to do? Not duck? Not move out the way?

I agree with TS though, you don't have to like it.

Comment

Running is just moving to survive with no intentions on creating offense. Or on this site, a way to describe the style of a boxer you dislike.

Comment

Easy to differentiate: Mayweather didn't run and actually walked down Canelo at times. Lara RAN like a b1tch against Canelo because he couldn't handle the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
            He didn't toy with either.

He just 'bigger man'ed' cotto and had a close fight with lara that could've gone either way.
            Face it, he toyed with them. DEAL WITH IT. I know it still hurts you Ricans.

Comment

There's a certain class of fighters who don't seem to know how to deal with those who use their feet. It's just too bad they were never taught how to cut off the ring.

Comment

because thats what its been called since the sport started has nothing to do with fans. u hear a trainer say box him it means be careful use defense.

the real question is how come everytime a fighter has good defense its considered running

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Floyd walked Canelo down. Ginger didn't like getting punched in the face.

Fake Mexican
                  Irish Mexican!! He can't even tan!!! Ay dios mio!!!

Comment

It's wrestling (clenching) that I don't get why people consider boxing. That needs to be officiated much more closely, it just ruins fights (i.e. Floyd and Wlad).

Comment

Working...
                    X