No announcement yet.

Broner should've never got up when...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broner should've never got up when...

Looking back on it if Broner would've stayed on the ground when Maidana Headbutted him in the jaw in that 8th round he probably would've got the DQ or worse come to worse lose by a controversial score card decision but set up for a highly anticipated rematch. Do you think his career could possibly be different if he did that?

Yea cause thats how true champs do it right

Comment

Originally posted by larryusa View Post
      Yea cause thats how true champs do it right
      well i say this in the same fashion of Bowe and Golota even though bowe didn't take full advantage of it but Bowe was getting his ass whooped until golota hit him with the dirty shot. That kind of saved him from the embarrassment because just like maidana Golota was supposed to be a cherry picked fight for an up coming superstar at the time.

Comment

Listen to what you're saying, holmes. You're suggesting that a fighter should've faked his way to a DQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Listen to what you're saying, holmes. You're suggesting that a fighter should've faked his way to a DQ.

It would result better then what he has now... If he wouldve faked his way to a DQ you can ask the question of "He couldve came back, He couldve gotten one good shot to end it but we will never know Etc." instead he got his ass whooped the entire 12 rounds and damn near had to get carried out of the ring. not to mention i believe Maidana Seriously hurt him with the head butt cuz he jaw got fat after the headbutt.

but you see what im saying though?

Comment

Originally posted by BigKyle View Post

but you see what im saying though?
            I guess...but still. I don't think anybody can't really get behind the idea of a fighter faking something to save himself from a defeat. The sport already has enough credibility issues as is.

And anyway, I don't think there's any way it would've worked. If I recall correctly Broner was already trying to really sell it and exaggerate it, and the ref (I forget who it was that night) basically told him to STFU. He gave him his time to recover, and that was all he was going to give him.

Comment

That wasn't going to draw a dq it would've went to the cards

Comment

boxing is all about machismo and pride. no way a guy like broner, with that ''can get it'' ego is gonna stay down and act. people like past it bowe and exposed tyson were in desperation mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  I guess...but still. I don't think anybody can't really get behind the idea of a fighter faking something to save himself from a defeat. The sport already has enough credibility issues as is.

And anyway, I don't think there's any way it would've worked. If I recall correctly Broner was already trying to really sell it and exaggerate it, and the ref (I forget who it was that night) basically told him to STFU. He gave him his time to recover, and that was all he was going to give him.
                  He also took a point from Maidana. i mean saying a fighter faking a injury to save himself from defeat is kind of taking it out of context because AB was at the time the next Floyd. Plus it wouldve set up a hell of a rematch where broner couldve went back to the drawing board. and if he was to win the rematch( doubt he would but hypothetically speaking) if he won then All wouldve been forgotten about the first one. and he would probably be a PPV star by now.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                    That wasn't going to draw a dq it would've went to the cards
                    re read the post i said it would either draw a DQ or worst come to worst a controversial loss on the scorecards that would lead to a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                    X