No announcement yet.

Whirlpool Galaxy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirlpool Galaxy

A stunning view of the "Whirlpool Galaxy" (Messier 51) has been captured by NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory. Some 30 million light-years from Earth, it was nicknamed 'Whirlpool' because of its swirling arms of stars and dust, and is thought to contain several black holes.

More at Space.com.

21 views and not a single comment.

You all suck and I would curb stomp you.

Comment

How about a "oh gee that's interesting beercules, if I could remove my head from my arsehole I would care but I love Justin Bieber so I could care less, did you hear the latest news on Kim and Kanye?!"

Ya ****ing wanks

Comment

It might generate some commentary if we didn't need a fucking microscope to see the damn thing. How ironic is that? Needing a microscope to see a picture that was taken by a telescope? My mind is blown.

Comment

when I read the title I thought this was a new phone that came out lol

the new Whirlpool Galaxy
          Last edited by -jose-; 06-20-2014, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            21 views and not a single comment.

You all suck and I would curb stomp you.
            We doin' it Derek Vineyard style!

This was just posted as a response to Beercules wish to curb stomp us. Sane Man in no way condones the behaviour of the Neo-Nazi in the clip. Curb stomping people is wrong.

Comment

Space! Hell yeah!

I frickin' love space!

Comment

at least some of you noticed.

And Sane Man I can't find the gif of Tony Soprano curb stomping some mafia guy, but that's what I had in mind.

Comment

A stunning view of the "Whirlpool Galaxy" (Messier 51) has been captured by NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory. Some 30 million light-years from Earth, it was nicknamed 'Whirlpool' because of its swirling arms of stars and dust, and is thought to contain several black holes.

More at Space.com.
                  I've always been fascinated how huge the universe is. 30 million light years away! We don't have any vehicle even close to speed of light. Even if we did, it would take 30 million years to get to that galaxy. Seriously, it's like living in a fantasy world.

Comment

More at Space.com.
                    A Whirlpool galaxy, you mean like 90% of the galaxies out there? Congratulations on your great find. What's your next discovery, salt water in the ocean?

Hey look, it's a whirlpool dishwasher!

Last edited by Chaney; 06-20-2014, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X