No announcement yet.

Reflections on The Rolling Stones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflections on The Rolling Stones

There's a bit of talk about them as they're now fifty years old as a band... also, I'm just watching Mean Streets.

Watching Mean Streets is a revelation, as you sit there going "hey... wait a minute... there was a time when The Rolling Stones weren't ****." And I say that as a Rolling Stones fan.

This is a group who produced some genuinely great music IMO, even if they didn't reinvent the wheel so much. But their last truly decent album was in 1978. That's thirty-four years of being utter shit. Once they were a rocking band, now they're more like a Rockin' band. I have all of their stuff, but I think they'd be a lot more respected if they'd been in a coach crash and all died in the mid 70s.

Comment

I agree they are legendary and made many great songs. True it has been a long time since the created the great songs. Many bands ride in the better moments of their existence. Just like seeing Areosmith on tv doing "Dream on" from 30 years ago and most people look at it and ask what have they done lately?

But the music accomplishments of the Stones were monumental to the music industry and the history of rock. It is that monument that they still stand upon.
      Last edited by TBear; 11-20-2012, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Not their biggest fan but I am trying to hunt down tix for their show at the Barclays center next month

Comment

I've never been much of stones fan, but they did have a period where they made some really good music. i find most of their ****, well, ****.

HBO releasing a documentary called crossfire hurricane soon (or they might have already)

Comment

They went terribly downhill without Brian Jones.

Comment

I thought this song was alright. Came out this year.

Comment

Their best song.

Comment

this is their best song where im the lead singer

Comment

I always thought they were an amazingly bad live band. I mean, god-awful. I know I'm strongly in the minority, but I just don't get it. I think they have a weak sound, even in the 60s.

Wrote some good tunes though. Have they been releasing new music since "I Miss You?" I hope not.

Comment

Working...
                    X