Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Trainer: Andre Ward, Handlers Don't Want The Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    I remember the days when Ward supposedly didn't wanna fight Kovalev to begin with....
    This they be like "THIS time ward will really be scared to fight"

Comment

Doesn't say anything about them actually avoiding a rematch. It's just taunting and crying about what already happened.
      Everyone doubted him the first time. Of course they'll doubt him now. And, the next time. He'll just keep proving them all wrong.

Comment

Ward is what is wrong with boxing. Seriously. Helping ruin the sport.

Comment

JDJ : keep using that jab baby he can't deal with that, be smart
          Kov : *motions with glove to shut up, let the other guy speak*
          JDJ : all right *taps his leg*

this was cringeworthy.

Comment

Hell no ward doesn't want to fight Kovalev again.

It looked like the hardest fight of his life and he got a gift decision, can you blame him????

Comment

Most of the bad spots from Ward were from his own doing. He walked into those stiff jabs in the 1st, tried to counter the 2 with a 2 and didn't have the speed for it with the KD, and got hit while winding up the bolo. Those things won't happen again. He took Kovalev's 2 from him, and can do it again, and he will find a way inside like he did before. Kovalev is in his 30's like Ward, neither fighter is going to be in better shape than the last fight, so Kovalev is gassing again, fighters don't change into body punchers overnight so his skillset isn't gonna be too much different either. I expect somewhat of a replay of the first fight, but Ward will win a tad bit more clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                I remember the days when Ward supposedly didn't wanna fight Kovalev to begin with....
                Oh I do too, now everyone has changed their tune to....He won't fight him again.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Heffner View Post
                  That's what I don't get. They keep saying Ward will win more convincingly next time. I like Ward but I don't see him going the full 12 in a rematch. Kov is more skilled than people give him credit for. They act like only Ward has the capacity to make adjustments.
                  That was said about the first fight, but yet here we stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                    Oh I do too, now everyone has changed their tune to....He won't fight him again.
                    Now they try to cover it with "He fought Kovalev BUT! ......Needed a gift."

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      Fu*k anyone who tries to drag their feet on the rematch.
                      money will be an issue. I'm not sure what kovalev got paid...but this is clear cut proof that ward, if not both of them are overpaid. they simply don't sell enough to command that kind of money. if something gets in the way of the rematch, that will be it.

Comment

Working...
                      X