No announcement yet.

Bob Arum Eager To Match Triple G With Ramirez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
    Zurdo toyed with Arthur Abraham, a guy who has KO power and though he's been on the down slope, Arthur could barely throw a punch because Zurdo wouldn't let him with his relentless offense, it was hard to watch. His boxing is superior's than Golovkin's and his jab is non-stop, I don't see GGG winning here.

GGG is a small 160, Zurdo is a big 168.....the ref steps in after seeing GGG eat too many punches and not hitting the canvas
    Maybe so...Maybe so...

Comment

Zurdo toyed with Arthur Abraham, a guy who has KO power and though he's been on the down slope, Arthur could barely throw a punch because Zurdo wouldn't let him with his relentless offense, it was hard to watch. His boxing is superior's than Golovkin's and his jab is non-stop, I don't see GGG winning here.

GGG is a small 160, Zurdo is a big 168.....the ref steps in after seeing GGG eat too many punches and not hitting the canvas
      That's not saying much. Abe got a gift decision vs Namibian Shihepo who just got smashed by some Brit prospect. Barely got by Paul Smith, quit vs Stieglitz etc

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        That's not saying much. Abe got a gift decision vs Namibian Shihepo who just got smashed by some Brit prospect. Barely got by Paul Smith, quit vs Stieglitz etc
        Excellent point!...

Comment

So GGG beat hims then? What's your assessment?

Comment

So GGG beat hims then? What's your assessment?

I think so, but it might be the toughest challenge south if 175. Hope we get to see it, but Roy Jones was saying Zurdo nowhere near ready

Comment

I think so, but it might be the toughest challenge south if 175. Hope we get to see it, but Roy Jones was saying Zurdo nowhere near ready
              I believe when you go up in weight, your punching power is just not the same, this is the main reason why I don't think GGG takes it:

Originally posted by jabsRstiff View Post
              Their power is the same, but now they're hitting larger men....who are accustomed to taking bigger punches.
              Most of the time, also, a fighter is moving up & away from his best/most natural weight.

Comment

Working...
              X