Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people complaining about free boxing on FOX?!?!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people complaining about free boxing on FOX?!?!

Let me first say, this isnt a THANK YOU Al Haymon thread.

I'll be real, at first, I was thinking like a majority of people Guerrero is washed up and its a Danny Garcia showcase fight. This may be true but I (like 900k others) paid $70 in November for a pretty boring ass fight between a "real" (sarcastically quoted) Mexican vs. Puerto Rican so I am glad I can save $ and watch a fight that I would bet "$70" has more action than Miguel Cottos pitter pat pitter pat and Canelos slip 1 punch counter (rinse and repeat) bore-fest. Anyways, Im really excited for the sport of boxing to be on FOX, I hope this is the kind of fight that gets Jr. High and High School kids wanting to pick up a pair of BOXING gloves and not want to dry hump each other on a wrestling mat.

So with that said, why are so many people hating on free fights guaranteed to bring action??

I dont hate on any boxing, free or not. I just love to watch the sport.

PBC is developing young talent right before our eyes but so many are missing it cause they arent the names they have been told to like.

Comment

i'm looking forward to this fight....it'll definitely be entertaining.

Comment

Not every fight is horrible of course. The PBC has a huge quantity of cards so there will be great fights, bad fights, boring fights, upsets etc.

The problem is that they have a big talent pool and unlimited resources and they are not trying to be great. Its not horrible, just a big disappointment.

Comment

Fans feel if they pay for something it must be worth watching more than a free competitive fight?

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Fans feel if they pay for something it must be worth watching more than a free competitive fight?
            I think I used to think the same way until I realized how much $ I spent on borefest last year. $170 in total, guess which fights I am talking about? lol, I wouldve cancelled premium cable if it wasnt for Francisco Vargas...

Comment

I never realized how many boxing fans don't have cable or satellite tv. No wonder you guys stream.

lol "free".

Comment

I'm not complaining, it's not the ideal matchup, but it should be a fun fight, if guerrero isnt completely washed up.

Unrelated question, When will the next batch of fights be announced for PBC?
                Besides Guerrero Vs Garcia and still unannounced fight between Porter and Thurman in March, only FS1 and BOUNCE fights, which feature mostly prospects, are scheduled.

Any rumors? Who is Broner, beterbiev, charlo twins, dirrell brothers, jacobs, khan, lara, peterson, santa cruz, spence jr., stevenson, williams fighting next?

All the non-pbc fighter already have fights scheduled somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                  I'm not complaining, it's not the ideal matchup, but it should be a fun fight, if guerrero isnt completely washed up.

Besides Guerrero Vs Garcia and still unannounced fight between Porter and Thurman in March, only FS1 and BOUNCE fights, which feature mostly prospects, are scheduled.

Any rumors? Who is Broner, beterbiev, charlo twins, dirrell brothers, jacobs, khan, lara, peterson, santa cruz, spence jr., stevenson, williams fighting next?

Its only Jan 14. And the only ones i see scheduled are Pac, Bradley and Crawford and 2 are fighting each other.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post

You are correct, its not the "ideal" match up but its no surprise Al Haymon is showcasing 4 Latinos on his first PBC card on FOX, its guaranteed action.

As for your questions brother, I cannot speak on PBC, their scheduling is a totally different aspect of the game than what I have come accustom to in boxing. All I know is I hope BOXING does well on FOX.

Comment

Working...
                    X