Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Pacquiao-Marquez the greatest boxing rivalry of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, but it's up there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      really dude. so you honestly believe me not calling this a classic rivalry is because i hate manny and like floyd. What does my opinion take away from manny?
      Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
      Absolutely.You compared it to Holyfield-Ruiz for f^ck sake.

You referenced Gatti-Ward earlier on in this thread.Gatti-Ward had a single exciting fight and two mediocre,one-sided fights that followed.In what way was that a better rivalry than Marquez and Pacquiao?

no sense on debating to a floyd nut-hugger and pac hater! see how his first reply on this thread? cotto, cw, bradley, geedy etc! lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by sapaw View Post
        no sense on debating to a floyd nut-hugger and pac hater! see how his first reply on this thread? cotto, cw, bradley, geedy etc! lol!
        liking floyd has nothing to do with evaluating two other fighters.

Comment

• Not sure if someone posted it but Ward/Gatti was a pretty good one too.

Comment

you may have called it that but I and others, nor the majority have. you really are comparing this to srl, hearns, hagler and duran.
            Sure, and I'm hardly alone. Almost everyone on this thread is telling you this is and has been a rivalry. Not sure what majority you're talking about, but there's a big one telling you what you're saying doesn't make much sense right about now.

Comment

please dude. this isn't a classic rivalry. manny lowballed jmm and made him wait for ever after the draw. then fought him a 4th time becuase manny was being greedy, rather than fight floyd, a non cw cotto, or bradley.

lets not romanticize manny's greed and make this something it isn't.
              Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              liking floyd has nothing to do with evaluating two other fighters.
              yeah, maybe tell that to yourself coz your first reply here in this thread is irrelevant, instead you always trying to discredit pac on his past wins and blame to Pac why Pac-Floyd never happened... its clear you have agenda and not about the Pac-Marquez as a candidate for One of the Boxing Greatest Rivalry...

Comment

• Originally posted by KiloTeague View Post

The result of the 4th fight automatically gives the 4th fight legitimacy. And not a rivalry. Every fight but the fourth fight has been basically even. They are as evenly matched as it gets. Your logic is illogical.
                but thats after the fact regarding the 4th fight, a fight most people said didn't need to happen. So after the fact you can't change and say wow this was great. As for the 1st 3 fights, they were close, but they wre also 2-0-1 in favor of one guy.

i just dont see how its a classic rivalry when fights 3 and 4 primarily happened for reasons other than the competition between the 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  Not sure if someone posted it but Ward/Gatti was a pretty good one too.
                  alot of fans probably like ward/gatti trilogy yet theyve only seen the highlight on youtube

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    Sure, and I'm hardly alone. Almost everyone on this thread is telling you this is and has been a rivalry. Not sure what majority you're talking about, but there's a big one telling you what you're saying doesn't make much sense right about now.
                    Look, I said the same thing before this fight and before the 3rd one. this isn't a classic rivalry IMO. This surely isnt a fab four thing, especially since the fab four were arguably the 4 best fighters p4p at the time and were each the best or 2nd best in their respective weight classes.

The last two fights in this "rivalry" were criticized by many as unnecessary. Manny even said he didn't feel he had anything left to prove with JMM. if JMM doesn't go with TR, we don't even get the last 2 ****ing fights.

So yes, the out of the ring stuff has mitigated this for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by sapaw View Post
                      yeah, maybe tell that to yourself coz your first reply here in this thread is irrelevant, instead you always trying to discredit pac on his past wins and blame to Pac why Pac-Floyd never happened... its clear you have agenda and not about the Pac-Marquez as a candidate for One of the Boxing Greatest Rivalry...
                      look man try again. im not in any way taking anything away from manny. as usual you can't refute anything with any facts so you fill that void with "you hate manny". My not feeling its a classic a rivalry doesn't add or take anything away from manny.

this is simply a disagreement I have with the TS and some posters. no more, no less.
                      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 12-10-2012, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X