Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the people who say pac's footwork is overrated even know what footwork is?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
    I'll ask it again...

what does the pacquiao of 5 years ago have to do with the fighter he is today?
    same reason why pacquiao arguably lost to JMM 1 and lost to erik morales. you may improve a few kinks here and there, but he is fundamentally the same fighter. its essentially the same pacquiao between JMM1 and JMM2, most would argue he improved his right hand by that fight but we all saw what happened. he is in essence the same fighter.

JMM arguably beat him due to JMM having ring smarts and can match pac's footspeed. bring on pac jmm 3, you'll see how human and vulnerable he'll look,

Comment

Originally posted by Needles View Post
      same reason why pacquiao arguably lost to JMM 1 and lost to erik morales. you may improve a few kinks here and there, but he is fundamentally the same fighter. its essentially the same pacquiao between JMM1 and JMM2, most would argue he improved his right hand by that fight but we all saw what happened. he is in essence the same fighter.

JMM arguably beat him due to JMM having ring smarts and can match pac's footspeed. bring on pac jmm 3, you'll see how human and vulnerable he'll look,
      How is he fundamentally the same fighter when he fights a different style each fight from de la hoya to hatton to cotto to clottey to margarito?

Fighting a different style based on the style of his opponents and the game plan he develops?

When he fought ledwaba, morales, barrera, marquez, it was the same exact style everytime. Rush in , rush in, get the first and last punch in.. etc there was no difference because pac wasn't following a game plan like he is now.
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 01-02-2011, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Sorry if I seem like a dick lol, the tone i'm trying to set is that "if you think pacquiao has bad footwork, you're stupid"

Proof is in the shots he throws
        overrated doesn't mean bad it means it's not as great as who ever is rating him rates it

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
          overrated doesn't mean bad it means it's not as great as who ever is rating him rates it
          i could have used a better choice of words, but i'm making this thread as a response to ci3x's (or whatever his name is) thread.

Comment

How is he fundamentally the same fighter when he fights a different style each fight from de la hoya to hatton to cotto to clottey to margarito?

Fighting a different style based on the style of his opponents and the game plan he develops?

When he fought ledwaba, morales, barrera, marquez, it was the same exact style everytime. Rush in , rush in, get the first and last punch in.. etc there was no difference because pac wasn't following a game plan like he is now.
            What makes you think Pac is not fighting the same style????????????

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
              What makes you think Pac is not fighting the same style????????????
              The combinations he uses, the angles he creates and exploits, taking a rest when he needs to, turning his opponents, his right hand being effective, being more patient, allowing "resets" instead of just pushing forward from 3:00 to 0:00.

His footwork

Saying that pac is fundamentally the same fighter means you don't know anything about pac. If so, why are you forming an opinion of him?
              Last edited by DARKSEID; 01-02-2011, 12:54 AM.

Comment

i could have used a better choice of words, but i'm making this thread as a response to ci3x's (or whatever his name is) thread.
                Really man don't even sweat dudes like cixtree. They have no purpose in life other than to log onto the internet and say things to rile folks up.

Personally I know what having great footwork is due to me following various sports on top of boxing, as well as it being my best attribute.

Pac has the best footwork in the game, because I know what I see when I watch Manny fight.

If you others feel that way or feel differently, that's cool..... but again when you see threads by posters like cixtree, LMAO, yessir and others....just realize your dealing with trolls who really have no other purpose in life but log onto internet a flame all day long.

Comment

The combinations he uses, the angles he creates and exploits, taking a rest when he needs to, turning his opponents, his right hand being effective, being more patient, allowing "resets" instead of just pushing forward from 3:00 to 0:00.

His footwork

Saying that pac is fundamentally the same fighter means you don't know anything about pac. If so, why are you forming an opinion of him?
                  going from fighting fyters like Morales and JMM to fighting Marg, Clottey and(shot)Mosley also has something to do with it.

Comment

I'll ask it again...

what does the pacquiao of 5 years ago have to do with the fighter he is today?
                    I don;t think anyone is necessarily pointing to the time frame other than you moreso than the level of opponent he was facing

since the JMM fight in March of 2008 (less than 5 years ago BTW) he has fought

David Diaz- plodding slow of foot and stationary
                    DLH- had nothing and basically sat there
                    Hatton- two rounds so really cannot gauge
                    Cotto- slow footed but has good footwork per se. Still largely in front of Manny
                    Clottey- stationary and didn't punch
                    Margarito- slow plodding

so how can we really gauge how much his footwork has improved when he hasn't really had to use it?

Comment

my point was, if you show bad footwork in a fight, and have good footwork in the same fight, it doesn't mean that you have bad footwork.

Just because he was slipping in the fight(maybe he got over excited or frustrated), doesn't mean his footwork isn't better when he's not slipping.

and I further denounced his claim because pacquaio was rawer more undisciplined in those earlier fights and had less than good footwork. He has developed it into what it is now and the fighter he is today.

so why does it matter again?
                      all that shows is that there is an inconsistency in what Manny does with his feet

sometimes he is correct in foot placement sometimes he is not

I wouldn't say he is bad in his footwork but he is not the best in the game right now and certainly not the best all time

right now I think both Hopkins and JMM have better footwork than Manny. There placement is always impeccable and rarely are they ever caught out of position. Hopkins footwork against Pascal was remarkable and showed you don't need to be fleet of foot to have great footwork. I think that is something you are confusing

Comment

Working...
                      X