Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hozumi Hasegawa Moving Up to 126 For WBC Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not really surprising that he's moving up to 126, he talked about it doing after his fight with Perez last December. The guy walks around at 140 pounds.

It'll definitely be interesting to see how he looks at featherweight, coming back from a broken jaw and KO. I thought he was beating Montiel, but I don't think it was the outclassing some people say.

Comment

I think warp just sprouted a 4th pube.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
        It's not really surprising that he's moving up to 126, he talked about it doing after his fight with Perez last December. The guy walks around at 140 pounds.

It'll definitely be interesting to see how he looks at featherweight, coming back from a broken jaw and KO. I thought he was beating Montiel, but I don't think it was the outclassing some people say.
        22 pounds above weight isn't much in comparison to other top fighters.

I'm pretty sure Pavlik and Sturm walk around over 190 pounds. Abraham, Dirrell, Ward, Froch, and them all over 195-200+ pounds.

Most top fighters are dropping 30 pounds regularly, depending on how much time they're taking off in between fights. The real gym rats are the only ones that don't go over 20 pounds regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
          22 pounds above weight isn't much in comparison to other top fighters.

I'm pretty sure Pavlik and Sturm walk around over 190 pounds. Abraham, Dirrell, Ward, Froch, and them all over 195-200+ pounds.

Most top fighters are dropping 30 pounds regularly, depending on how much time they're taking off in between fights. The real gym rats are the only ones that don't go over 20 pounds regularly.
          While that's a fair point, Hasegawa said it's become more difficult for him to make 118, which is probably why he's choosing 126 over 122, it's closer to the weight he walks around at and depending on the fighter you're comparing him to, it could be a greater % of his weight that he's losing. They probably feel as though it'd still be too tough to make 122.....plus, he's getting a title shot straight away, Poon and Nishioka are fighting in October and his comeback was set for November.

I had also heard the reason he stayed at 118 for so long is that he wanted to break Gushiken's record for title defenses by a Japanese fighter.

Comment

He's running away from KO-Chulito

Comment

Looks like it's going to be another good card with Hasegawa-Burgos and Takahiro Ao - Vitali Tajbert...

Comment

Working...
              X