Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to defeat Gennady Golovkin (video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good video. Until these fights happen, we will never know.

Sidenote: GGG took some real shots in those clips, especially from Stevens.
    Last edited by megas30; 12-16-2015, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
      Different situation, 2 fighters from different divisions while this is 2 fighters from the same division and one has the lineal title. Either way i think Ward beats him easy, but i thought fans don't like mismatches?
      Canelo is from a different division, he's from the 155 division, 1 pound over 154. 160 would be a new weight class to him, despite technically 155 is MW, it's not the same. You spoke about draining though, but GGG tried doing the same as well.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        As of right now I think Canelo fights competitively through 12 rounds. I want to see him vs a MW to really give my prediction. But there are some who feel Canelo won't last against GGG, which actually works to Canelo's advantage. Because I think that GGG and Abel possibly feel the same, so he will have the element of "surprise" when he walks in the ring. I have a feeling it'll be one of those nights where fans will be saying GGG had an off night, or something was going on in his personal life but the fact is that Canelo is just 2-3 steps up from what GGG is used to as a pro and the skills and defense that Canelo brings will be a shock to GGG who has been pampered and protected by K2. On the otherhand, Canelo has no been pampered and has gained massive experience from his fights vs Mayweather, Cotto, Lara, Trout, and easily bulldozed punchers like Angulo and Kirkland.
        Yeah and although I don't want to be as disrespectful as Angel was when he said Matthysse has never been in a fight, I'd say the same applies to Golovkin somewhat. No one has ever opted to stay in close even though Golovkin isn't an inside fighter, no one has gone to the body against him either. I've always liked Canelo's chances but like you, I want to see how he develops at this weight first.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Canelo is from a different division, he's from the 155 division, 1 pound over 154. 160 would be a new weight class to him, despite technically 155 is MW, it's not the same. You spoke about draining though, but GGG tried doing the same as well.
          Like i said GGG will lose to ward easy imo, and hes lucky GGG is not asking for a full 160 like Ward did to Chad bringing him down all the way to 168. Canelo is in a fake division to avoid. If he believes in his skills come up or at least do 157-159.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            Yeah and although I don't want to be as disrespectful as Angel was when he said Matthysse has never been in a fight, I'd say the same applies to Golovkin somewhat. No one has ever opted to stay in close even though Golovkin isn't an inside fighter, no one has gone to the body against him either. I've always liked Canelo's chances but like you, I want to see how he develops at this weight first.
            I would say Willie Monroe stayed inside, which is why he did better than expected. It is just Monroe is not that kind of fighter and lacks power.

The problem I see with Canelo is his slow feet and his lack of being real aggressive. He has good boxing talent, but he really likes to stay at a certain range and not press in. He really doesn't change it up very much, and if he hangs around outside Golovkin does have a nice jab even if he is not great at using it on the back foot.

It is a good fight though I can see it going either way. I also do think there will be a big mental trap for Golovkin because by the time the fight goes down so much will have been said that it will be hard not to buy into that and Canelo is a very good boxer who a is pretty tough customer just going in there and taking him out is much easier said than done.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogotazo View Post
              Enjoy.

A notable difference in production quality between this video and your older ones. Your video editing skills have improved. Good video.

What about Floyd fighting him. You think he would pull it off despite being undersized faced with a middleweight

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                I would say Willie Monroe stayed inside, which is why he did better than expected. It is just Monroe is not that kind of fighter and lacks power.

The problem I see with Canelo is his slow feet and his lack of being real aggressive. He has good boxing talent, but he really likes to stay at a certain range and not press in. He really doesn't change it up very much, and if he hangs around outside Golovkin does have a nice jab even if he is not great at using it on the back foot.

It is a good fight though I can see it going either way. I also do think there will be a big mental trap for Golovkin because by the time the fight goes down so much will have been said that it will be hard not to buy into that and Canelo is a very good boxer who a is pretty tough customer just going in there and taking him out is much easier said than done.
                I don't think it'll take much for Alvarez to have golovkin come towards him.

It's in gennady's nature to be a come forward pressure fighter. He was able to dictate range against David L because the latter is a limited Canadian slugger with no answer for a stiff heavy jab.

Saul is slick enough to defend and counter. This will agitate gennady and encourage him forward

Saul isn't known for his jab but has good timing on his stick that allows him to disrupt the opponent's jabbing. Sort of like how Floyd deals with great jabbers.
                Last edited by GrandpaBernard; 12-16-2015, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Yeah and that isn't Monroe's forte but by the time he decided to change his approach the fight was already beaten out of him and as you mentioned, his lack of punching power. That's the fight that pretty much confirmed to me that Golovkin is really vulnerable up close.

I don't think Canelo's feet are gonna be much of a problem, Canelo operates in the same range Golovkin does which is mid range and I don't see Canelo failing to get up close when lesser fighters have been able to do it. I just think that Canelo is gonna really have to work the body early because that may very well be the deciding factor.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    I don't think it'll take much for Alvarez to have golovkin come towards him.

It's in gennady's nature to be a come forward pressure fighter. He was able to dictate range against David L because the latter is a limited Canadian slugger with no answer for a stiff heavy jab.

Saul is slick enough to defend and counter. This will agitate gennady and encourage him forward

Saul isn't known for his jab but has good timing on his stick that allows him to disrupt the opponent's jabbing. Sort of like how Floyd deals with great jabbers.
                    That is true, the thing for me is I would like to see Canelo step in instead of step away in that situation. If Canelo is at the right range I like him against Golovkin if he is too far away then I like Golovkin's chances

Comment

That is true, the thing for me is I would like to see Canelo step in instead of step away in that situation. If Canelo is at the right range I like him against Golovkin if he is too far away then I like Golovkin's chances
                      Would be great fight for Saul as he methodically dismantles gennady. Perfect match to increase his star

Comment

Working...
                      X