Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jas View Post
    Degale is cut from a different cloth

Similar to fighters like pacquaio and hopkins
    Stop jumping on the bandwagon and don't compare him to those clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      James Degale did blame his poor performances on an injury but he hasn't quit from an injury or blamed a loss on an injury yet so I don't think he's on their level just yet.

Comment

Admittedly only seen DeGale fight his last two fights live but his style and demeanor and the way he finished the fights won me over easily.

I've read some people call him arrogant but its hard for me to decipher emotions when Brits speak sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          Admittedly only seen DeGale fight his last two fights live but his style and demeanor and the way he finished the fights won me over easily.

I've read some people call him arrogant but its hard for me to decipher emotions when Brits speak sometimes.
          He's not actually that arrogant at all. He just didn't like Groves cos of their amateur history.

I like arrogance though. A lot of casual Brit fans are morons who care more about the boxer's personality than his actual skill level. DeGale is the most talented fighter we have right now IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post

He has calmed down a bit.

Didn't he have DeGold on his trunks on his debut?

He seems like a good bloke really. He elected to play the bad guy against Groves and basically bullied him: about him being ugly, having smelly breath (lol), and ripping his shocking suit that he insisted on wearing to every press meet. That hurt him for a while. Had him fighting in shopping centres. British fight fans do seem to be strangely sensitive to that sort of thing. Much rather a brave loser than an arrogant winner.

But to be fair, all boxers are are arrogant. Groves has gone full circle now. Sounds like a bit of weird creep in a lot of interviews these days. The sort of chap that tends to be bullied.

Comment

Honestly rooting for Andre Dirrell, fan of the switch hitting style, talent and when he does let his hands go can be worth watching. However I like the attitude from Degale. Wouldn't be upset if he wins and follows through with his words and fights either Ward or GGG soon. Don't see Dirrell doing that if he wins tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                He has calmed down a bit.

Didn't he have DeGold on his trunks on his debut?

He seems like a good bloke really. He elected to play the bad guy against Groves and basically bullied him: about him being ugly, having smelly breath (lol), and ripping his shocking suit that he insisted on wearing to every press meet. That hurt him for a while. Had him fighting in shopping centres. British fight fans do seem to be strangely sensitive to that sort of thing. Much rather a brave loser than an arrogant winner.

But to be fair, all boxers are are arrogant. Groves has gone full circle now. Sounds like a bit of weird creep in a lot of interviews these days. The sort of chap that tends to be bullied.
                Now that's some funny ****.

Imagine if DeGale-Golovkin got together and their management told them to have big mouths to build up the fight. **** would be hilarious hearing them talk back and forth.

Comment

His gym is called DeGold's Gym I believe. He says that he's gonna bring out the old Chunky when the time comes. If he and Groves both win, expect some fireworks in the build-up.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    James Degale did blame his poor performances on an injury but he hasn't quit from an injury or blamed a loss on an injury yet so I don't think he's on their level just yet.
                    I lol'd.....

Comment

If Dirrell wins, he just going to fight guys like Rogelio Medina, J'Leon Love , Derek Edwards, Sakio Bika, etc, etc

Comment

Working...
                      X