Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Think James Degale has improved as a boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Think James Degale has improved as a boxer?

People say the improvement in James DeGale in the last 2-3 years has been unbelievable and the loss to Groves was a wake-up call....but to be honest ever since that fight he hasn't fought anyone who's on Groves level. I'm sure DeGale would've looked good against Periban, Gonzalez..etc even before the Groves fight.

What's your take on DeGale? Do you think DeGale has improved dramatically and is now a much better boxer?

Yeah I think he is much improved from the groves fight...

This is why it's good to match prospects tough because it's a learning experience.. Degale greatly benefitted even though it was a loss

Comment

The Dirrell fight will answer the question. Dirrell will probably be the first guy since Groves to employ similar tactics so we'll see if he's learned.

Even though I thought he won the Groves fight, as did most, it wasn't a great display.

Comment

I admit I almost gave up on him after the Wilczewski performance. I thought he lost that fight. I thought he beat Groves but lost to Wilczewski, he just looked awful.

But in recent fights he's shown his quality. If he beats Dirrell then I don't think there's any question that he belongs at the elite level.

Comment

Since the Grove Fight? Absolutely! DeGale impressed me with the Inside Fighting vs Gonzalez, his willingness to get inside and Bang to go with his outside fighting and athleticism that makes him a difficult match up. If he ever have to face someone like Ward he will have to be able to fight inside to beat a fight like Ward

He Crushes Groves in a rematch, I thought he won the first match up but that BS was a Popularity Contest with the Judges and it felt like Grove got the Decision because people just wanted to see DeGale get his mouth shut after talking a lot of trash leading up to that fight

I like DeGale chances a lot vs Dirrell, I think he can win the inside battle vs Dirrell because like Anthony, Andre doesn't see to care much about fighting inside either, BUT Andre is a better inside fighter than Anthony

Comment

degale will beat the crap outta dirrell, that fool just got beat up by jack badou. oh different people? well if the klitschko's are always the same why can't the dirrells be? right roy?

Comment

I thought the Groves fight was a draw but he only started winning rounds late when Groves tired. He struggled to fight on the front foot and was hesitant to let his hands go first. I expect Dirrell to employ similar tactics and fight on the back foot but Dirrell isn't as tough as Groves so I wouldn't be surprised if he folded and is stopped

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                I admit I almost gave up on him after the Wilczewski performance. I thought he lost that fight. I thought he beat Groves but lost to Wilczewski, he just looked awful.

But in recent fights he's shown his quality. If he beats Dirrell then I don't think there's any question that he belongs at the elite level.
                Absolutely! He's a good boxer I just don't know if he has improved that much.

Comment

Groves's level. C-level.

Comment

Here is the thing fellas, Degale didn't regress to begin with. He boxed 5 damn fights with a groin injury effecting his mobility, hence you'd see him box off the ropes against guys he should be pwning. So, from Zuniga-Khatchikian ie right before Gonzalez the James you saw was a shadow of his real self.

So, then has he improved? Degale is a "talent". He is not going to improve astronomically from one fight to another. Things he will improve on will be very minor and negligible. I think he has learned to box off the ropes really well, which was really forced on him, but hey he improved on it. Good tool in his Arsenal (pun intended). Then he has been stepping on the gas a lot more instead of coasting. Also he got hurt in his fight against Wilcewski and recovered well, so he can manage adversity.

Nothing against anybody, but I feel as if people have only watched one or two Degale fights and then try to b.s. and go off assumptions.

Comment

Working...
                    X